Post-Game Talk: Habs win in Philly by the skin of their teeth

Habs

Who needs Michkov when you've got Bustbacher
Feb 28, 2002
Did those surgeries somehow impact his brain because his lack of hockey IQ / reading the play is what’s killing him

He looks so nervous, he's the only one that sits if a mistake is made. The rest of the D can commit horrific hockey and they won't have to hit the pressbox. It's not a good way to play the sport, knowing every mistake will probably lead to a benching, but the other dolts can go -9 and its 'all good bro'

Reactions: Pomee and Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Dvorak on the ice in the last minute, Marty...

thumbs-up-that%27s-rad.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Pomee and Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
He looks so nervous, he's the only one that sits if a mistake is made. The rest of the D can commit horrific hockey and they won't have to hit the pressbox. It's not a good way to play the sport, knowing every mistake will probably lead to a benching, but the other dolts can go -9 and its 'all good bro'
Which rest of the D? I don’t recall Guhle, Struble, Hutson, ever showing the level of poor play reading as Xhekaj? All of whom have significantly more lateral mobility

As for Mailloux he’s likely going back to Laval after his short stint here.

Last year Barron was sent down to Laval for the same poor play… right now he doesn’t seem to have a spot TBH

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was hoping we would get an decent asset for Dvorak this trade deadline but he's gonna go the Tanner Pearson route at this rate. He's been real bad.
He'd be a trade deadline dangle, as a centre and left handed option for clubs who are top heavy in right handed centers. Not a massive dangle, mind you but depends if he picks it up some.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Struble/Barron being healthy scratches for Xhekaj doesn’t count?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
When? In Arizona? Because it was never with Montreal
He looked much better last year when he came back in November. He was still able to process the game at NHL speed and was good at faceoffs (57.6% last season, highest among the Habs, he's at 44% right now this year).

So far this season, he doesn't look like he's even a 4th line player in the NHL. He's the slowest at processing the game and taking actions. And he's shit at faceoffs now.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013

How could you possibly watch the games this season and see anything but Xhekaj being their worst Dman this far. Not even close. We have other questionable defensive play in Matheson and Barron as well but X has been the worst of the group, no question.

He played really well last game, but this game he was back to really slow, dumb decision making. That combined with the fact that he has very heavy feet and this is a guy that is gonna need to keep putting the work in for a long time.

We need the toughness so I'm hoping he keeps progressing but he needs to be miles better. He's a liability.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Highly doubt that - you say it like it's a certainty when it quite the opposite. Your bias to slam MSL is showing.
This isn't a slam on MSL. Don't get me wrong I am not a fan of his but I don't think he is ready yet to sit a vet. He will in time. I will give credit where credit is due...he got his team ready to play and I appreciate that.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
This isn't a slam on MSL. Don't get me wrong I am not a fan of his but I don't think he is ready yet to sit a vet. He will in time. I will give credit where credit is due...he got his team ready to play and I appreciate that.
He sat Hoffman/Dadonov/Drouin and I think Pearson was sat too last year if I remember right (or he was just that invisible).

And the only vets I can see sit right now is Dvorak, but not until Slaf comes back and Dach shows his improved confidence will stick at center.

Does anyone know when the last time we won three games in a row was ? :huh:
I can't recall.
Last Spring irc (March 24, 26 and 28 games).

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad