GDT: HABS vs KINGS 2.0 #ComebackEdition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I think the kings are a big, good, effective team. But we should not say they have everything and we have nothing. I think we are contenders too.
Lol seriously stop with this contender stuff. Lets first focus on getting by a crappy Sens team in round 1 before saying we are contenders. We are not even close to being contenders

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
He has the queen's crown. You have the king's crown.

tumblr_lfrqctLeCP1qdzjnp.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Imagine if every team tore down the tents at the first blowout loss. The melodrama in here is ridiculous. One game seems to count more than the last ten.

Are we contenders? Maybe. If Gallagher, Bournival and Galchenyuk keep developing, possibly. If Tinordi or Beaulieu earn another call-up by season's end, very possibly. If we go into the playoffs with a healthy and motivated Pacioretty and Eller, yes.

Contenders mean we can contend NOW. What you just listed takes time because development takes time. We WILL be contenders, but we aren't right now.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
Goals on Price ... yeah, not his best night, but we can't really blame him. Only one weak goal and one obvious interference.

1st goal: DD never picked up his guy. His fault, tho we're not used to see Price give up that kind of rebound. Very Rarely happens.

2nd goal: Eller was awful on that faceoff.

3rd goal: Clifford looked at the ref and said: "lol, you're allowing this? thx fool!"

4th goal: Subban was pathetic on that one. Eller didnt picked up the rebound/or the guy coming in.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Contenders mean we can contend NOW. What you just listed takes time because development takes time. We WILL be contenders, but we aren't right now.

Luckily, the playoffs didn't start now. They start in the Spring, by which time those young 'uns will have another 50 games of experience. Obviously I don't know what Galchenyuk's learning curve will be, but he'll keep improving and gaining confidence, along with the younger third of our roster.

I think many of us believe we'll get advanced notice about when the team becomes a contender. Trust me -- it'll happen in front of our eyes and we won't even realize it.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
You're not seriously blaming MT for this one?

I guess we could say "it was one of these games" but I think more often than not Therrien get exposed in games like this. I prefer a more active coach. He should have changed his goalie earlier, should have tried different things. Also I think not having grittier players on the teams in this game did not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad