Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Blues

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
That's the result of a really rough schedule to start the season and our inability to adapt to it. It's going to be mostly this for the majority of the stretches.
Fantastic.

drinking-inna.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They have clearly put a line of distinction in place, they aren't going to force a coach on Marty. They hired Grillo and we will see how that influence takes shape over time.

Marty has control over the coaching staff.
I think we know what Grillo is going to bring to the table. The video we saw about him was very specific.
Even yesterday when they reported what drills were being run at practice it had Grillo's fingerprints all over them.

Situational awareness and reaction is what he can improve over time but Marty still talks about having better anticipation which I don't see happening.
He may die on that mountain if we don't find players who can play that game.

I liked what Max said about it the other night.
He doesn't think we have the skaters and or the stamina to succeed in what is a very demanding style and for me He's not wrong.

He talked about having wingers playing the traditional space between the Dmen and the puck being available outlets as being far less exhausting.
Once again I agree with him. We have no outlets once we start running around heck we don't have them when we aren't on occasion.

We can't clear the zone we can't gain the red line and most certainly we can't go on offense.
I think the players are cheating far too often because of the extra work load they face in this current system.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think we know what Grillo is going to bring to the table. The video we saw about him was very specific.
Even yesterday when they reported what drills were being run at practice it had Grillo's fingerprints all over them.

Situational awareness and reaction is what he can improve over time but Marty still talks about having better anticipation which I don't see happening.
He may die on that mountain if we don't find players who can play that game.

I liked what Max said about it the other night.
He doesn't think we have the skaters and or the stamina to succeed in what is a very demanding style and for me He's not wrong.

He talked about having wingers playing the traditional space between the Dmen and the puck being available outlets as being far less exhausting.
Once again I agree with him. We have no outlets once we start running around heck we don't have them when we aren't on occasion.

We can't clear the zone we can't gain the red line and most certainly we can't go on offense.
I think the players are cheating far too often because of the extra work load they face in this current system.

That's partially due to the fact this team is still a frankenstein of a Bergevin build and a Kent Hughes build.

Let's keep in mind that only 2 players drafted by Kent Hughes and his staff are currently on the roster.
Barron, Heineman, Dach and Newhook are the players he specifically targeted and brought in.

It's the Dvorak, Armia, Andersons of the world on each line that's killing it.

Marty is trying to coach them to the identity they want them to have but they are still in the process of churning over the roster to support that, man by man.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That's partially due to the fact this team is still a frankenstein of a Bergevin build and a Kent Hughes build.

Let's keep in mind that only 2 players drafted by Kent Hughes and his staff are currently on the roster.
Barron, Heineman, Dach and Newhook are the players he specifically targeted and brought in.

It's the Dvorak, Armia, Andersons of the world on each line that's killing it.

Marty is trying to coach them to the identity they want them to have but they are still in the process of churning over the roster to support that, man by man.
For sure.
The risk however of not backing down off that mountain is what we've been seeing to some extent.
The injuries have already gob smacked us and what is most concerning is we are seeing a team that looks whipped.
We are not having any fun at all and that totally sucks.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
See, it's not just some posters here that see it, the numbers don't lie. It's like the numbers on my bathroom scale, they aren't what I'd like them to be and I know what to do to make them better but will I do it?:laugh:
Not the first time I’ve seen those numbers. It’s been a horrible start.

As for the scale, I refuse to discuss my enemy.

• Haha
Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Not the first time I’ve seen those numbers. It’s been a horrible start.
I just read a rumor albeit a speculative one that MSL might resign and that Hughes is making calls around the league to possibly make a trade to help the roster. This was something from the French media and I am not sure how credible the journalist is.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For sure.
The risk however of not backing down off that mountain is what we've been seeing to some extent.
The injuries have already gob smacked us and what is most concerning is we are seeing a team that looks whipped.
We are not having any fun at all and that totally sucks.

The Reinbacher and Laine injuries really turned the pre-season for us and I don't know if the team has mentally recovered from that. Especially since the next night Greig went after Dach's head.

Now that there's more injuries piling up, I gotta imagine what we all feel on this board about being cursed is magnified in that room.

Reactions: Rapala

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I can't defend Marty's stubbornness to try Armia-Newhook.

They've done nothing as a combination that would even hint that there's fruit to bare.

Move off of it already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad