Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Blues

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I doubt they would give MSL an direct and irrevokable shot of the sort unless they lose confidence in him.

They have clearly put a line of distinction in place, they aren't going to force a coach on Marty. They hired Grillo and we will see how that influence takes shape over time.

Marty has control over the coaching staff.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
That's the result of a really rough schedule to start the season and our inability to adapt to it. It's going to be mostly this for the majority of the stretches.
Fantastic.

drinking-inna.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They have clearly put a line of distinction in place, they aren't going to force a coach on Marty. They hired Grillo and we will see how that influence takes shape over time.

Marty has control over the coaching staff.
I think we know what Grillo is going to bring to the table. The video we saw about him was very specific.
Even yesterday when they reported what drills were being run at practice it had Grillo's fingerprints all over them.

Situational awareness and reaction is what he can improve over time but Marty still talks about having better anticipation which I don't see happening.
He may die on that mountain if we don't find players who can play that game.

I liked what Max said about it the other night.
He doesn't think we have the skaters and or the stamina to succeed in what is a very demanding style and for me He's not wrong.

He talked about having wingers playing the traditional space between the Dmen and the puck being available outlets as being far less exhausting.
Once again I agree with him. We have no outlets once we start running around heck we don't have them when we aren't on occasion.

We can't clear the zone we can't gain the red line and most certainly we can't go on offense.
I think the players are cheating far too often because of the extra work load they face in this current system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad