Confirmed with Link: Habs Relieve Stephane Waite of his duties, Sean Burke Named Director of Goaltending

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jul 6, 2016
Puzzling ! Very weird. Price must have asked for a coach change. Or Waite was just tired to work with him... ??? Easier to fire an assistant-coach than trade a 10,5M $ goalie going down hill.

Is it possible that Price had Burke before as a coach during some Summers ????

Reactions: dinodebino

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Lmao why not do this in the morning

Seriously.. they had all day. Or why didn't they do it along with Julien and Muller.

Weird timing.

After game speech by Bergy : "Nice win boys. Hopefully we continue on this route. Coach good job on your first win, here's the game puck and Waite... You're fired."

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Call me crazy but when Waite came in everyone was thrilled because Price took another step. Since then he's been off for many many years. On and off, regression, etc..

Why should Waite be treated like anything special?

A new opinion was needed.
Yup. Also the defense has been garbage for way too long now by giving up way too many odd man rushes so Richardson should be gone too.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Call me crazy but when Waite came in everyone was thrilled because Price took another step. Since then he's been off for many many years. On and off, regression, etc..

Why should Waite be treated like anything special?

A new opinion was needed.
Yeah, you're not wrong.

Just weird timing is all. After a win where Price looked pretty good, and a week or so after the first round of firings.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The timing is a bit weird but I'm pretty happy about the move honestly. I was kinda surprised when Waite didn't go at the same time Julien and Muller did, figured it was just a question of time.

Reactions: Habs Icing

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Some people might not remember but Sean Burke was a decent goalie back in the day.

His resume isn't too bad either. From goalie coach, Canada GM, scout, etc...

I am optimistic about his input because of his vast experience. He's no slouch.

The only odd part is I think Sean Burke isn't based in Montreal, so is this temporary? Is he 'director' until he finds a coach under his wing?

Reactions: Habs13

Jul 6, 2016
Burke is in the US right now and will have to quarantine for 14 days before joining the club. The Laval's goalie coach will be around for the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: dinodebino

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I suppose when it's your job to get your super high paid goalie to play well and he hasn't been playing well, you're going to be on the hot seat.

Reactions: CLW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad