GDT: Habs @ Philly - Wed Jan 10, 7 PM | SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
I want a win...making the POs would be a huge step in the right direction and a boost in confidence for these kids. Even if they (and probably will) get bounced in the 1st round. I know it's a long shot but if they can string one good winning streak of 4-5 games then i think we have a legit shot. GHG!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I want a win...making the POs would be a huge step in the right direction and a boost in confidence for these kids. Even if they (and probably will) get bounced in the 1st round. I know it's a long shot but if they can string one good winning streak of 4-5 games then i think we have a legit shot. GHG!
Play to win...period! Building a winning culture is critical to the rebuild.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Monty not in Philly, so Allen is the back-up for this game and Monty should play tomorrow.
crossing fingers that Allen steals the show against McDavid and company and raises his value

remember the old days when we would just dread playing the Legion of Doom and how many injuries our smurf's would endure after a Philly game? HF was LIT with emotion after a philly game
Yes, but a great memory of the Habs playing in Philly was Jan Bulis and his 4 goal game:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Habs and Tyson

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Monty should be playing more games. Up to now he's only played 18 games which is only 4 more than Allen. Some top team goalies have already played 30 games. I know we're not a top team (& have 3 goalies) but Monty should have played another 5-6 games by now.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
crossing fingers that Allen steals the show against McDavid and company and raises his value

Yes, but a great memory of the Habs playing in Philly was Jan Bulis and his 4 goal game:laugh:
A game in which he was suppose to be a healthy scratch but played when another player couldn't play.

Monty should be playing more games. Up to now he's only played 18 games which is only 4 more than Allen. Some top team goalies have already played 30 games. I know we're not a top team (& have 3 goalies) but Monty should have played another 5-6 games by now.
In order to better assess Monty he needs to carry the load like a #1. This is currently not happening so we don't know how he would handle several games in a row against top teams.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

Bulis, Begin, Audette, Kilger, Dagenais, Sundstrum... this franchise really knew how to deliver quality to the fans, even back in 04 lol. What a dumpster fire hahahahah

• Haha
Reactions: Habs 4 Life

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Go Habs Go!

Win or lose, Go Habs Go!

But lose because with my co-worker I just put a gamble of 100$ that's Habs will not make the playoffs. So Slaf put points and still Habs L and i'm happy to have get money by the end of the season!!

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Ugly situation but they can't even give Allen away,unless they eat salary.Probably going to be a buy out or trade with salary retention.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ugly situation but they can't even give Allen away,unless they eat salary.Probably going to be a buy out or trade with salary retention.

There's interest in Allen.. Hughes has a price that hasn't been met, yet.

I'm sure if it gets to a certain point they'll take under their asking price but Hughes is patient and a negotiation master, so no need to panic about it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
A game in which he was suppose to be a healthy scratch but played when another player couldn't play.

In order to better assess Monty he needs to carry the load like a #1. This is currently not happening so we don't know how he would handle several games in a row against top teams.

Indeed...We're pretty much at the halfway point of the season, hopefully they start playing him more because he's clearly the #1. If they don't make the POs, then at least you know what you have and aren't left wondering what could have been if Monty had just played a few more games.

Reactions: Tyson

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
There's interest in Allen.. Hughes has a price that hasn't been met, yet.

I'm sure if it gets to a certain point they'll take under their asking price but Hughes is patient and a negotiation master, so no need to panic about it.
His price - according t Pagnotta- is a 2nd +. And the oilers are one of the teams interested so it makes sense.

Maybe they pay the Kulak price and just give us a 2nd.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
We’ve had bad results in Allen games since October. Whether it’s the players just not showing up IDK. But the team needs to make a decision, do they want a high pick or do they want to try a long-shot go at the playoffs. They need to play goalies accordingly.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Indeed...We're pretty much at the halfway point of the season, hopefully they start playing him more because he's clearly the #1. If they don't make the POs, then at least you know what you have and aren't left wondering what could have been if Monty had just played a few more games.

They will continue with this rotation until Allen is moved. They aren't worried about the POs because they aren't a playoff team and this year is still about asset accumulation and development.

Montembeault will get those starts next year.. he already signed his extension.

Don't let the circus fool you.. they're trading Monahan, too.

His price - according t Pagnotta- is a 2nd +. And the oilers are one of the teams interested so it makes sense.

Maybe they pay the Kulak price and just give us a 2nd.

Teams are hoping Hughes will not be patient enough to wait out the 3 goalie rotation.. while Hughes is sure that a team will eventually pay up because punting on a cup window year due to porous goaltending is harder to swallow than just playing Montembeault less.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

Arpon Basu mentioned on his and Godin's podcast that Marty might not have the say in which goalie plays.

It fits. I think Marty would be riding Monty but HuGo need to keep playing the other two to resolve the 3 goalie situation.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They will continue with this rotation until Allen is moved. They aren't worried about the POs because they aren't a playoff team and this year is still about asset accumulation and development.

Montembeault will get those starts next year.. he already signed his extension.

Don't let the circus fool you.. they're trading Monahan, too.

I'm puzzled that people believe in the dream of PO. I'm all for "fighting for it" and building a winning culture and such but that's the coaches job. The GM must keep his foot on planet earth and manage the team with realism and not the magic of a fantasy world where "everything is poshible". It's not a playoffs lineup and KH should manage accordingly. There's no hurry to give Allen for nothing just to play Montembeault more. Monty will have his shot sooner than later but there's no hurry at all.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We aren't making the playoffs so get that out of your head. I'll be pleased if we show we can maintain .500 until TDL and then we take a dump.
I'm thinking it may take more than the 92 points it did last season in our conference.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think its nice to see steady progression in the team year by year thats not coming from adding a bunch of 30+ vets and barely making it. This year there's just no way we make the playoffs barring a huge outlier coming into play. But I do want us to stay as competitive as possible for as long as possible. Then next season do the same, and hope to see more progression, then the following one you aim to actually make it. just my two cents

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad