Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Kudos to Gallagher and Anderson, the points aren't there but those 2 have been playing hard and well so far this year. That line was easily our best last night.

Dvorak continues to suck ass however and was one of the main reasons for the third goal that put the game away. He played only 10 minutes so MSL clearly hasn't been a fan either.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Dach should move down the lineup and Dvorak shouldn't be a center at all.

Reunite the Armia-Newhook-Gallagher line & see if they can recreate what they did last season.

Anderson should be moved back to his natural side. That would put him on his forehand along the boards. He's being forced to use his backhand and it's a f***ing nightmare. He & Gallagher should never play on their off-wing.

Dvorak should actually be benched.

You beat me to it. If anything I hope this give a opening for MSL to mix the line in a way that can send an electroshock.

I would however try this:
Heineman -Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Armia-Newhook-Gallagher
Caufield-Dach- Kapanen
Dvorak-Evans- Anderson

Heinemand spd and shot could work well on that line. also add size.
With Dach, I would try Kapanen so he can take the faceoffs. Also add some responsible D.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Sky is definitely falling ☔
Wasn't expecting playoffs this season but was expecting hope inducing progress but we are pretty much what we have been for the last few seasons again so far and in some ways maybe a little worse.

After this season the honeymoon is over for the management team, it's not about being impatient at all, it's time we make some strides.

RODTHEBAWD66

Jan 18, 2022
LONDON, ON
He’s neutered. Fear of making mistakes or being demoted. Fear of playing his game in case he gets the odd penalty. Fear of fighting because the D is then short handed (and this isn’t his fault because Habs don’t have enough grit, size or intimidation up front)

And he’s not the only dman who looks lost
100% this

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Hutson has looked around him and said “f*** it, I’m just going to do my own thing”
Hutson is miles ahead of everybody else on the team. His talent is wasted playing here. It's going to be a long long season. Only hope is Demidov, Hage and a real system of play. Also only hope is when the 5 bad vets will clean the house.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It’s not really crazy to expect the team to look better from two years ago.
They have started worst every seasons since 2022-2023 to now. It's strange, this is mostly the same line-up that ended the season last year and was plahing rather good constant hockey and who were great 5v5.

They are super trash this season. It's like they forgot how to play hockey over the off-season. Some even lost all their puck handling skills it seems.

Dvorak continues to suck ass however and was one of the main reasons for the third goal that put the game away. He played only 10 minutes so MSL clearly hasn't been a fan either.
That lines looks better when Kapanen take the faceoff and play the center role.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Complete non-sense to put this on Nick, total joke.
Nick is not to blame for the whole team not being to level of other nhl teams. That's on the organisation side if there is a blame, Nick is just one soldier, and oh he's the captain. He is on a slump right now but nothing to worry. It happen in a bad moment right now. Maybe we'll love him again in one week. Maybe he is more a 2c and would fit perfectly there. I don't want for my own hockey analyse to give a free pass to a player just because I like his face/personality. I think the next 1c will be drafted next 2025 1rst pick.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Kudos to Gallagher and Anderson, the points aren't there but those 2 have been playing hard and well so far this year. That line was easily our best last night.
Agreed. Look, they aren't offensive players anymore, and get paid big salaries for what they bring, but the effort is there. They've have been hounds on the ice. The intensity they have been showing is what you want to see from everyone.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Wasn't expecting playoffs this season but was expecting hope inducing progress but we are pretty much what we have been for the last few seasons again so far and in some ways maybe a little worse.
Aside from the sample size being far too small to make any sound comparative assessments...

In 5 games
PP% & PK% - better than past 2 seasons

Ga/g - better than past 2 seasons

Tell me again how we are "a little worse" :dunno:

After this season the honeymoon is over for the management team, it's not about being impatient at all, it's time we make some strides.

Agree that we want to see progress.

Disagree that we haven't seen any, and the way this season has started compared to last year paints a very promising picture of where our U25 core will be by seasons end.

Impatience is what I'm seeing in this post and many in this thread.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Aside from the sample size being far too small to make any sound comparative assessments...

In 5 games
PP% & PK% - better than past 2 seasons

Ga/g - better than past 2 seasons

Tell me again how we are "a little worse" :dunno:

Agree that we want to see progress.

Disagree that we haven't seen any, and the way this season has started compared to last year paints a very promising picture of where our U25 core will be by seasons end.

Impatience is what I'm seeing in this post and many in this thread.
A little worse may have been pushing it too far but hey.....i'm upset.

But let's face facts, it still isn't pretty so far to start this season and in 3 of our games it has been somewhat embarrassing.

I was expecting a bit better, we need to start really showing something.

Potential and promise is fine but Potential is just that......potential.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
It’s not really crazy to expect the team to look better from two years ago.
The problem is, the rest of the league are improving too. It’s fun to see Lane Hutson. He improves this team. The problem, Boston got Zadorov and Lindholm and the same core than last year. I mean, Montreal will need to make some bigger move to reach the elite at the top. Florida got Bennett, Verghaghe, Forsling in a small period of time. They make 3 steps on a year instead of just rely on the draft pick. I think this is the problem what Buffalo are facing, they just rely on draft pick. I mean, someday, you need to make decision and take bigger step. In term of management. I wouldnt see problem to lose some future for consolidate the current core. Florida have a lot of player around the same age.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
The problem is, the rest of the league are improving too. It’s fun to see Lane Hutson. He improves this team. The problem, Boston got Zadorov and Lindholm and the same core than last year. I mean, Montreal will need to make some bigger move to reach the elite at the top. Florida got Bennett, Verghaghe, Forsling in a small period of time. They make 3 steps on a year instead of just rely on the draft pick. I think this is the problem what Buffalo are facing, they just rely on draft pick. I mean, someday, you need to make decision and take bigger step.
Yep, the rest of the league continues to improve.

It was laughable to think this team was in the mix. They are much closer to bottom three than the mix. Holes everywhere and a shitty coaching staff.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
The problem is, the rest of the league are improving too. It’s fun to see Lane Hutson. He improves this team. The problem, Boston got Zadorov and Lindholm and the same core than last year. I mean, Montreal will need to make some bigger move to reach the elite at the top. Florida got Bennett, Verghaghe, Forsling in a small period of time. They make 3 steps on a year instead of just rely on the draft pick. I think this is the problem what Buffalo are facing, they just rely on draft pick. I mean, someday, you need to make decision and take bigger step.
Every other team can acquire good players and we can’t for some reason

Been the same for two decades

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fortunately.

And yes, MSL has horses not to suck that bad. HOwever, I would strongly recommend you watch the whole game and see for yourself ;)

For sure I would have liked to have seen the game. But I couldn't. So I'm attempting to provide some context. Is this really a roster that's going to get the job done offensively:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
(ok, this is a good enough first line, if not elite. But warning, it's all downhill from here)

Armia - Dach - Newhook
(Newhook and Armia will be in the bottom six next year wherever they are, Dach has not yet gotten back up to top 6 speed. This is a good 3rd line).

Gallagher - Evan's- Anderson
( I had them penciled them in playing together at the start of the year. I thought they could be an excellent 4th line. Keywords: 4th line)

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

Nick Suzuki is 25, I expect the management starting to get some player around this age to build the core. I mean, the moment Reinbacher is gonna be the beginning of his prime (let say in 2 years). Suzuki will already be 28. So yeah, next summer, I expect Montreal buying instead of just selling

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

When the first move were made in that rebuilt, we got rid of players who didn't figured in our long term plans. But if we compare, they were much better than those we can't trade to anyone. We are stucked with the very bottom quality of these vets. I mean, Toffoli, Lehkonen, Danault, Kulak and Kova are playing in a way better condition and they have decent results. The vets we didn't traded are hurting a lot right now. Gezz, Danault looked solid and young last night. And LA are not really a top nhl team and were a backtoback game. Habs team right now is a shame. Hire Bob Hartley next year and keep MSL just for motivation and little tricks in practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad