Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Boston

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
and yet I see people here wearing pink glasses that say Montreal isnt a bottom 6 team yet. Caufield is a 2nd liner, Slaf is a 20 years old who shouldn't have the pessure to be on a 1st line, we got no top 2 D, bottom 9 is atrocious, goalies are terrible. Be patient guys ;)

Reactions: Pomee

TheBlob

Dec 26, 2010
Not saying the loss is on Primeau, but if Montembault goals like he did in the season opener on a long term basis, he deserves to be in the net for the next 2 in 2.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Good to see Gallagher, Armia, and Anderson contributing well after the first couple games.

We need more of our young guys going though. Suzuki, Slafkovsky and Dach especially - they are among our best and need to be our best if we are going to have a chance at a wildcard spot.

Hutson and Guhle have looked very good. Newhook and Caufield have been pretty good too, but will need to continue to find consistency. Matheson needs to clean his play up in a big way, and we need Struble instead of Barron.

As much as I'd like to see a first/second line shuffle, I doubt we'll see it unless we go on a pretty good L streak.

Reactions: Andy and Pomee

Jul 6, 2016
Good to see Gallagher, Armia, and Anderson contributing well after the first couple games.

We need more of our young guys going though. Suzuki, Slafkovsky and Dach especially - they are among our best and need to be our best if we are going to have a chance at a wildcard spot.

Hutson and Guhle have looked very good. Newhook and Caufield have been pretty good too, but will need to continue to find consistency. Matheson needs to clean his play up in a big way, and we need Struble instead of Barron.

As much as I'd like to see a first/second line shuffle, I doubt we'll see it unless we go on a pretty good L streak.
First: he has to play less. No more than 20-21 minutes per game.

Reactions: Trabdy2

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Not saying the loss is on Primeau, but if Montembault goals like he did in the season opener on a long term basis, he deserves to be in the net for the next 2 in 2.
Yeah well maybe this time around the goal shouldn't be to get carried by our goalie every single night , just food for thought

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yeah well maybe this time around the goal shouldn't be to get carried by our goalie every single night , just food for thought
Habs should also not be expected to over come 8-9 year old youth hockey goaltending.

Majority of 7-year olds would’ve never let in that 6th goal

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Predictable result.

Remember that the bruins got blasted by Florida prior to this game. They were going to make sure to take of business in this one and prevent an 0-2 start.

Reactions: BLONG7

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
I highly doubt montreal will have the kind of luck they had last year by hanging into every stupid game they got dominated 45 shots to 20 like wednesday night.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
3 or 4 like this, and Kent needs to get on the phone for a backup. I’ll give him a bad game every once in a while, Primeau looked really shaky. That was a winnable game against a top team. You add Laine in there, and we win this despite Primeau.

You don’t start a guy back to back usually and especially after a 48 save performance. In no world were they ever going to do that.
Again, at the beginning of the year, why not? He is not tired..................he is what 25-26 yrs old .
Geezuz boys, they had Price do it many times........this is not a big deal. We saw in recent years, Price do it, Huet do it, I would think Theodore did it and so on.................For me, it's just not a big deal....

Matheson didn’t look great but I am not sure how many players on our roster could do 25min+ on a back to back and look good doing it. I sense that Guhle will overtake his minutes later on in the season, Hutson should be moved to PP one simply to cut down Mathesons minutes if nothing else. Matheson can generate at even strength and off the rush, he doesn’t need the power play to produce nor is he particularly good at it.
Agreed................MM has been the pp QB by default...........Guhlie has never been given a shot, and Hutson should be given a shot asap.
Our coaching decisions need to improve as much as our D............quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad