Post-Game Talk: Habs Got the Blues.... The No Point Blues.... Stl 4 Mtl 1

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
IKwl1v2.gif

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Back then, not now.

Was I? I was shocked they were better than I could have hoped but celebrate not really

I'm just hoping that Bergevin will keep true to his word and avoid trading prospects away or make a stupid move

I can't complain about the team being better than it was supposed to though

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I honestly think we may be alright moving forward with some of the players we have but that doesn’t stop my eyes and brain from bleeding watching what Bergevin has done after over half a decade.
We need 2 top 3 forwards and a number one pairing defender is how I see it. Do we continue being hopeful that we can “find “ them or do we try to draft them? One of these two options would be a new way of thinking for us, why not try it?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
We need 2 top 3 forwards and a number one pairing defender is how I see it. Do we continue being hopeful that we can “find “ them or do we try to draft them? One of these two options would be a new way of thinking for us, why not try it?

I agree - the advantage is we're one of the lowest payrolls on the team despite Price's gargantuan contract so we can probably assume that if our current prospects pan out we hopefully get one or two of the forwards sorted and maybe a D, but we can also rely on paying someone a little bit more than they deserve in a few years if it means making the team better.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
It's funny how all it took was half a season of playing better than the low expectations for the media to immediately fall over themselves eating up everything Bergevin said.

This team is better than the disgusting product we saw last year, but at the end we still have no real identity or vision. It's the same treadmill team that we've been for years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

If we take the GM's "reset" plan literally, it evokes a short term reloading. So, there's no way he's going to be able to do all of that just with the draft.

It's gotta be a combo of trading -- UFA -- drafting. And who knows, with all the talk going on about offer-sheeting and with the Habs owning so much cap space, that could certainly help fast-track the team's progress.

Last edited:

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
It's been 15 games since Max Domi scored. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he does tomorrow. He's flying.

has it really been that long since he lit the lamp...

What happens when your entire team overachieves at the same time and then they all suddenly go cold.... seems like we will find out.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Weber is the most useless player on the PP. He's there to SHOOT(!!!!) not pass the puck around.

Reactions: Kimota

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
It's funny how all it took was half a season of playing better than the low expectations for the media to immediately fall over themselves eating up everything Bergevin said.

This team is better than the disgusting product we saw last year, but at the end we still have no real identity or vision. It's the same treadmill team that we've been for years.

The media that covers this team is terrible.

Eric Engels, Arpon Basu, Stu Cowan well the list will be long, but the first two it seems are to be the main (?) Reporters at least for English media and they suck.

Cowan is just an idiot through and through.

Even the amateurs who cover this team suck.

No one asks a hard question. Everyone is late in seeing areas where this team is sucking.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I think Bergevin made it quite clear. If he turns around and sells our assets for 30 year old vets who won't make the team a contender maybe I'd understand the *****ing

What is Shea Weber ?

Was I? I was shocked they were better than I could have hoped but celebrate not really

I'm just hoping that Bergevin will keep true to his word and avoid trading prospects away or make a stupid move

I can't complain about the team being better than it was supposed to though

What is Sergachev ? You must be doing this on purpose.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Weber is the most useless player on the PP. He's there to SHOOT(!!!!) not pass the puck around.

thats why Subban > Weber.

Having 1 thing in your arsenal is pretty bad.

The whole power play is people trying to feed him, how predictable is that? i 100% like to have petry over weber, only down thing with petry on the PP is his wide shot that creates turnover. tell him to circle the pass or low wrister in traffic a la karlsson and your set.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

The whole power play is people trying to feed him, how predictable is that? i 100% like to have petry over weber, only down thing with petry on the PP is his wide shot that creates turnover. tell him to circle the pass or low wrister in traffic a la karlsson and your set.

But even when they feed him, he almost never shoots!!?!?!?!?!?!?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
But even when they feed him, he almost never shoots!!?!?!?!?!?!?
because the team knows and they cover the shooting lane, we had a powerplay today where it was 1-3-1, like are you serious leaving Weber alone in the back like that? how easy it is to counter a powerplay when you 100% knows what the team is gonna do, especially when it's a specific guy. put drouin on the left circle, Kotkaniemi on the right circle, Weber at the blue line and try different shooting combos that way teams will focus more on Weber, it will leave the 2 other Open, once we start scoring like that Weber won't be covered as much as they will respect more than 1 shooter.

Reactions: PhysicX

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I'm going to ignore your bait and let you figure out why it's not relevant

Yeah those were merely the two most important trades MB ever made that doesnt mean he cant remain “true to his word”, or device a new master plan midway through his brilliant tenure, or blame the attitude. Or injuries. Also maybe I should get over what the guy did 3 years ago, all along he was after what is in the long term best interests for the team !

I wonder if youve ever made a post that wasnt condescending.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017

Washington's powerplay in a nutshell. Seems to be working pretty fine for them.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah those were merely the two most important trades MB ever made that doesnt mean he cant remain “true to his word”, or device a new master plan midway through his brilliant tenure, or blame the attitude. Or injuries. Also maybe I should get over what the guy did 3 years ago, all along he was after what is in the long term best interests for the team !

I wonder if youve ever made a post that wasnt condescending.

Do you not see the irony of a statement like that with your previous two posts?

If you would like to read my posts and then go off on an irrelevant tangent be my guest but it's so goddamn frustrating to have to explain why behind thinly veiled attacks. If you want to spend your days talking about how much you hate Bergevin for who he is or what he did in the past leave me far away from it, I've been posting about what I hope he does moving forward.

Purple Pants man bad. I f***ing get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad