GDT: Habs Golf Tournament - September 16 (Official start to training camp)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don’t know who f***ed him up the most. Therrien, his father or the bags of cocain if felt into.

It was not gonna end well either way.
Just the fact that he couldn’t skate, never tried to improve his skating and wasn’t able to stickhandle and skate at the same time is enough to know he was doomed from the start. We can rightfully complain about Therrien, but Galchenyuk’s brain was the problem in this instance.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Just the fact that he couldn’t skate, never tried to improve his skating and wasn’t able to stickhandle and skate at the same time is enough to know he was doomed from the start. We can rightfully complain about Therrien, but Galchenyuk’s brain was the problem in this instance.
I remember a game in Dallas where I sat directly behind the Habs bench. I remember being in awe of how powerful a skater Nichuskin was and how slow Galchenyuk was in comparison. It was the game where Nichuskin scored a penalty shot goal against Price.

Reactions: Rapala and le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I remember a game in Dallas where I sat directly behind the Habs bench. I remember being in awe of how powerful a skater Nichuskin was and how slow Galchenyuk was in comparison. It was the game where Nichuskin scored a penalty shot goal against Price.
It was just a really bad draft. Funny how the regime that emphasized character over everything else ignored it to pick a centre. Had they gone with the best leader in 2012, we’d likely have Forsberg instead.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not me. I don't think they saw Kovacevic's game as how we want to play.
We already have Savard being the heavy plodder on that right side.
I think they believe Barron Mailloux Reinbacher will bring enough physicality on that side.
They kept the better talent not a doubt in my mind.
I still don't see Matheson leaving any time soon, or at least until young players are ready to replace what he brings.

That means Matheson, Guhle, Hutson, Reinbacher, Xhekaj, and Mailloux are 6 dmen ahead of Barron even when Savard is traded. It will be hard for him to claim a spot, though not impossible.

I can think of a lot of dmen that had a lot of good tools, but not enough of a complete game to make it as good NHLers (Beaulieu, Joe Morrow, etc...). I hope Barron doesn't turn put the same. Can you think of dmen that were erratic in their early 20s and then stabilized? Ron Hainsey?Beauchemin? Petry?

Reactions: HomaridII

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Very exciting times. Can't wait to see the boys back on the ice. Lots of stuff to look forward to, but like most, really looking forward to seeing the next steps of Slafkovsky and Laine in a Habs jersey.
Yes there are many players that I will be interested to see what they can do this year
Dach for me is right up there with Slaf and Laine.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gorton says priority is to cut the goals against and play better on our own end. The offense will take care of itself with the team they have now, but the team has to play better on its own end. Says the entire team knows it has to be better defensively.

Gorton - The battle for spots on defense will be tough, many guys that are either ready or close. You can't have too many defenseman.
Yup closing that differential gap to nothing is where the heavy lifting will be focused.
If we can get on the positive side playoffs aren't going to be out of the question.
A look at last year's standings and given how many games we were in probably re-enforces this sentiment.

Did anyone like that White Cap with the Silver Habs Logo?
I think I prefer traditional colors.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Holy cripes the questions are dumb. « so how many years till we win » sounds as if it’s a freaking math equation or budget planning to pay off a mortgage. Maybe open-ended questions like « what are you looking for in terms of success short-term, where do you think the team stands, what do you think of the prospects… What are you expecting to see.. ».

Either fishing for sound bites or flat out reactionary dumb.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Holy cripes the questions are dumb. « so how many years till we win » sounds as if it’s a freaking math equation or budget planning to pay off a mortgage. Maybe open-ended questions like « what are you looking for in terms of success short-term, where do you think the team stands, what do you think of the prospects… What are you expecting to see.. ».

Either fishing for sound bites or flat out reactionary dumb.
Habs media are dumb. Like all other media. I. Can’t believe any of them get paid to do it. There are probably some brighter lights but they are no doubt overshadowed by crusty old timers who have been asking same cliche questions for the past 40 years.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
1726507575202.png

Look who's not wearing the hat....cue the rumors!!!

Probably just doesn't want to mess up his "hair" :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad