Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the evil Senators at the Bell Centre

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I’m not sure how anyone who watched the play could’ve came away with this take.

That was an assist for Lane all day long.

Pretty easily actually, I was at the game sitting behind Montembault about 220ft from the play and from there it looked like the Sens player touched the puck.

I only just saw the replay from a better angle this morning. Chill your tits. Lol

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Satisfying win against those bastards. Guhle has brought his game to a higher level so far

I will give Dach until game 50 before panicking or lowering his ceiling. That being said I don't think his play is disappointing to the extent of hitting panic button and finding a plan B for long term 2C.

I defend Barron but his play is weird at times. He was fumbling the puck for no reason last night.

Evans is a great bottom 6 piece and I would keep him.

And funny how Slaf is PPG despite his disappointing play. Should quiet the critics for now.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's crazy how much Dorion destroyed what his draft team built. They have a legitimate top pairing guy in Sanderson and everything to build a good core on offense, but their team play is brutal. They're soft, poor defensively and fold under pressure. We like going up to Ottawa to watch cheap NHL live hockey and I'm always shocked at how poorly they play compared to their talent level. Even someone like Giroux completely dogs it.

Satisfying win against those bastards. Guhle has brought his game to a higher level so far

I will give Dach until game 50 before panicking or lowering his ceiling. That being said I don't think his play is disappointing to the extent of hitting panic button and finding a plan B for long term 2C.

I defend Barron but his play is weird at times. He was fumbling the puck for no reason last night.

Evans is a great bottom 6 piece and I would keep him.

And funny how Slaf is PPG despite his disappointing play. Should quiet the critics for now.

Dach just missed a whole year and is doing more than fine. Give him at least the season. Slaf's play is being exaggerated as is par for the course on this board. He's made a lot of good plays that just aren't noticed. Barron sucks, can't argue there.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
We'd be 3-0 if it weren't for Primeau.

But it's all good. If Primeau can hack it as a back up he'll get better. If he can't, he can't, and he'll be replaced.
Primeau likely will be needed for 2-of next-8 GP on the back-to-backs

If he doesn’t perform better in those 2 games vs Bruins mediocre effort, I’m expecting some type of movement

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's crazy how much Dorion destroyed what his draft team built. They have a legitimate top pairing guy in Sanderson and everything to build a good core on offense, but their team play is brutal. They're soft, poor defensively and fold under pressure. We like going up to Ottawa to watch cheap NHL live hockey and I'm always shocked at how poorly they play compared to their talent level. Even someone like Giroux completely dogs it.

Dach just missed a whole year and is doing more than fine. Give him at least the season. Slaf's play is being exaggerated as is par for the course on this board. He's made a lot of good plays that just aren't noticed. Barron sucks, can't argue there.
Do you think Slaf has been among our top 3 best forwards though? I'm not even worried about the dude but his play can be much better. I'll give him another 10 games before asking if he's 100%

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Sens lack quality depth.

Will keep repeating ad nauseam, Habs have deepest bottom-6 in the division

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We need a meme with Sam and "All your cookie are belong to me"

Ask and you shall receive:

Polish-20241013-095517606.jpg

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I’m confused Habs were guaranteed “bottom-5 finish” after Bruins game…

So we’re back on the bandwagon then?

1728826251930.gif

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Hutson blocked the attempted clearing attempt by the sens player, and then Dvorak recovered the loose puck. Hutson touching the puck by blocking the clearing attempt gives him an assist.
and the goal wouldn't have happened if he doesn't carry the puck all the way in,great play ,surprised they didn't give him an assist

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
The thing is we know he's going to be slower, but there's no reason his conditioning has to be bad. I think it's clear he's in way better shape right now
Given his work ethic, I have a hard time thinking he'd let himself go. I think it was more a case of injuries and the impact of the history of them on his style of play. He was never fast, but he was visibly labouring for the bulk of last year.

Reactions: salbutera

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Tkachuk's acting like Hutson didn't just dummy him earlier and his team isn't losing 4-1.

Also it drives me nuts that Monty doesn't sit at the top of the paint when we are holding the puck behind the net. The other team's forechecker is always in the paint because of it. I don't think any other goalie in the league does that.

The fact he's doing this while down by 3 is freaking hilarious top tier comedy and confirm Lane is already living rent free in his ugly ass head.

Right on about Monty. Own the paint buddy.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The fact he's doing this while down by 3 is freaking hilarious top tier comedy and confirm Lane is already living rent free in his ugly ass head.

Right on about Monty. Own the paint buddy.

Hutson needs to tone it down, he's making Brady angry for no reason and he could seek retribution next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad