Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the evil Senators at the Bell Centre

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Nice win, made for a great evening at home watching game. Montembeault what a difference good goaltending makes. From Boston game to this game. Caufield is off to great start, shoulder surgery well past him now. Hutson hard to imagine how good he will be in a few years? The Gretzky of the Blueline?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Tkachuk's acting like Hutson didn't just dummy him earlier and his team isn't losing 4-1.

Also it drives me nuts that Monty doesn't sit at the top of the paint when we are holding the puck behind the net. The other team's forechecker is always in the paint because of it. I don't think any other goalie in the league does that.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Monty is so efficient with his movement in net, a thing of beauty, I have liked him for a long time. I have a post bookmarked that was made here about him and someday I will reveal it lol.

Hutson looks like he owns the place, a little magician on the ice who isn't overwhelmed by the NHL.

Caufield is feeling it and that is good to see.

Hiney-man played well as did others but it's always good to see young guys doing well.
I know right? Hutson looks like he's been in the league for years, just doin his thing and embarassing star players with his mitts, cool as a cucumber.

"He's never gonna be able to do it against men"
-HFboards

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hutson is special. He constantly creates chances out there with black holes like Gallagher and Dvorak. He forces his teammates to generate offense.

I still hope we can surround him with talent. For some reason I always imagined Michkov's assassin like finishing mentality and skill meshing well with Hutson. Hopefully Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf, Dach, Demidov, and Laine will be able to combine their offensive talents and IQ for game breaking goals.

And it's amazing how good Hutson has been defensively.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
6 assists in 5 games. Years ago Ryan Poehling would have ranked higher on Habs HFBoards prospect rankings because he had size. Size, without talent is still just size.

I’m kidding, but scouts do still think this way, even our own passed on him at 26 for Mesar. In a redo he is top 3-5 at worst.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Also it drives me nuts that Monty doesn't sit at the top of the paint when we are holding the puck behind the net. The other team's forechecker is always in the paint because of it. I don't think any other goalie in the league does that.
Yeah Carey was a master at setting up the screen.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I still hope we can surround him with talent. For some reason I always imagined Michkov's assassin like finishing mentality and skill meshing well with Hutson. Hopefully Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf, Dach, Demidov, and Laine will be able to combine their offensive talents and IQ for game breaking goals.

And it's amazing how good Hutson has been defensively.

He has been awesome and is so much fun to watch but he has been burned badly on quite a few occasions and is struggling to defend one on one situations.

IMO he is outweighing the holes in his game with the offence and I know that he will improve defensively as he continues to work on his back skating and speed.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I liked Kapanen for you guys last night.. had a pretty big bump in ice time from the first game of season to last nights game. I see he was put on the 2nd PP and had over 4 mins of ice time on the power play.. over 14 mins total with also some PK time.

Seems like he will eventually start sniping for you guys on that PP… you can see him trying to get open in the slot there waiting for some one timers.

He was very noticeable for me

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
For the Marty critics, found on the Sens GDT:

Polish-20241013-073830848.jpg

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I see Laine's wife stole the tablecloth from their last dinner outing and made him a pair of pants.
He obviously likes being colourful but he has no clothing sense. Hughes should reach out to PK and get him some guidance.

I typically care less about non hockey stuff but the boy needs help lol.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He obviously likes being colourful but he has no clothing sense. Hughes should reach out to PK and get him some guidance.

I typically care less about non hockey stuff but the boy needs help lol.

Hughes' (bleu poudre, cornflower blue) blue suit at the draft last June was a bit of an eyesore too. He ain't much better.

Polish-20241013-081155424.jpg

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Not too dismiss it but they were both second assists right? He's definitely starting off a bit slow but I'm confident it's just early season rust he'll shake off. Some rumors of a slight injury too.
Yes secondary assists, but the first goal doesn't happen without Slaf cross ice pass to CC (CC then passed it to Matheson who passed it right back to him). Second one was on Suzuki's breakaway and Slaf started the transition.

And he missed a good chunk of the 2nd period because he went to the room. He clearly has a little something. Seems to be lower body, he's barely skating (and he was skating real well in pre-season).

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Anderson another good game, nobody ever gives him props.
him and tally have been great to start the year .
What you need for those vets, regardless of their salary.

Yes secondary assists, but the first goal doesn't happen without Slaf cross ice pass to CC (CC then passed it to Matheson who passed it right back to him). Second one was on Suzuki's breakaway and Slaf started the transition.

And he missed a good chunk of the 2nd period because he went to the room. He clearly has a little something. Seems to be lower body, he's barely skating (and he was skating real well in pre-season).
good observation, yes It is clear he is hobbled , but still contributed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad