Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the evil Senators at the Bell Centre

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I would never underestimate Team Canada "braintrust" to make a wrong selection.

They don't exactly have a multitude of choices for this, the main competition are Hill and Skinner because Canadian goaltending fell off a cliff when no one was looking. Anyway it's just the Bettman Cup v2.0, it's not like it's supposed to be important.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
They have him signed for another 3 seasons after this one.

Oh yeah I know, I meant after that. Like once his contract is over I don’t see him staying in Ottawa. I think he’ll walk and go somewhere competitive.

At least his brother told the Flames I won’t resign and worked out a sign and trade that got them that haul.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So happy that we finally ended this awful slump against Ottawa.

2 solid periods out of 3 and no goal given in their bad one.

Monty was even better than against the Leafs IMO. What a start for him.

I liked Newhook tonight, especially in the 3rd.
He's such a great skater.

Hutson with another great game.

Much better game for Suzuki. I think his preseason is over 😀

CC 4 goals in 3 games is nice to see especially since we know the 1st line can be better .
Slaf and Kirby still getting their game legs under them.
I think we can be better than what we showed tonight.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Beating the shit out of the sens without Laine and Demidov in the lineup.

Slaf PPG and playing like dogshit.

Caufield got his shot back.

Dach made it one more game without a season ending injury.

Struble probably back next game.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Yeah, I actually didn't hate Dvorak tonight. Kapanen and Heineman deserve long looks. I would keep them in.

ABB & Pezz should sit for awhile.

The October schedule is favorable for a good start. 11 games: 7 at home, only 4 on the road.
No reason to play ABB/Pezz unless Hein/Kap need some nights (they will) off really - development first.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Montembeault is the 33rd highest paid goalie this year absolute great value.
This is exactly why giving over 10% of your cap to a starting goalie is a dumb idea. The difference between a good goalie and an elite goalie is negligible. But one is paid 5 mil more. This isn't cope but id rather have money at below 4 mil than seayman at above 8 mil

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
He lest the ice in the 2nd period for a while and came back which is why his TOI is so low.
He didn't play the 4v4 in 2nd (he played one regular shift after it before going to the room) and he's one of two players who sat the Sens empty net.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
This is exactly why giving over 10% of your cap to a starting goalie is a dumb idea. The difference between a good goalie and an elite goalie is negligible. But one is paid 5 mil more. This isn't cope but id rather have money at below 4 mil than seayman at above 8 mil

Just look at the last 15 cup winners. Almost always a good goalie playing a bit above his head or decently enough

Reactions: HuGo Burner Acc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad