Post-Game Talk: Habs can't stop a puck or stay healthy. Rags wipe out Habs in Montreal.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This!

Last yeah, we had so many lost by 1 goal... rarely blown out of a game. In 6 game, we been blown 50% of the time... and didn't look fantastic in two others, just good enough.

It is obvious that lack of depth combine with injury will prevent the team to be in the mix, but make sure you implement a system that allow the team to compete now and in the future when the injury stop and depth is improved. There are still fun players to watch even if the outcome of the game is a L: caufleid, slaf, suzuki, Hutson... maybe dach in January.
👍

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Alot of folks are missing the point that many frustrated fans have.
Most of us have bought in and continue to buy into the rebuild.
I believe that after almost 3 years that there is a system in place that doesn't seem to click and while this team is young some of these players are entering their 3rd seasons under MSL and the so called defensive structure/concepts/whatever the hell it's called.
When you see teams play shinny in the Habs end shift after shift it does demoralize the die hards who simply want to see
general improvements which we really aren't.

Quick review-
Rebuild good
Current system in place- bad
Fans want to see a structured team that competes and shows signs that soon this team will be amazing.

Whoever thought that hiring a head coach with zero experience was a good idea longterm may want to rethink that.They have tied their own hands with their miserable
They set their own rules with hiring coaches. They have to live with it.

Reactions: knuck

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
So many flaws and such a weak roster i just don't see how any improvements can happen quickly.
They get the day off tomorrow, maybe they will go bowling.
Honestly, even if they had the roster to make improvements, I've lost faith that the coaching staff has the ability to implement any.

Their D zone coverage has been horrible right back to last year, and Bombay keeps running with the same shitty "system" game after game. How can he not see this isnt working!!!

Can't remember seeing a team get so schooled in the own end so bad every night. What's funny during the play you can see it coming.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Honestly, even if they had the roster to make improvements, I've lost faith that the coaching staff has the ability to implement any.

Their D zone coverage has been horrible right back to last year, and Bombay keeps running with the same shitty "system" game after game. How can he not see this isnt working!!!

Can't remember seeing a team get so schooled in the own end so bad every night. What's funny during the play you can see it coming.
What's crazy is that many fans refuse to hold MSL responsible because it's a "rebuild". Does rebuild mean that we have to look like clowns in our own zone? This coaching staff imo is showing itself to be very incompetent. It won't end well.

Reactions: Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Its time to insulate the team with vets that care

MTL has enough picks, put Dvorak and Armia on waivers, hope someone claims them. ECHL them

Grab some waiver fodder on expiring contracts who will at least battle and protect the youth

Oh ya, find an assistant that has a clue. Someone with experience that the kids might respect

Anderson, bro. Has to be done.

Reactions: the

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Coming up next:
"Habs held a closed door meeting after the game, trying to find some accountability between the players..."

then next week:
"A lot of guys are counting us out but the guys in this room still believe in this team..."

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Rangers in year 6 of the year rebuild look elite
They have only 6 players under 30 among the forwards and their two top Ds forced a trade to the Rangers.

Without Fox and Trouba, their Ds would be younger than the Habs and they have great vets forwards in the top 6.

Habs have 3 over 30 forwards, and they should all play in the bottom 6.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
We’re down 5-2, they’re dominating the game and he [Jacob Trouba] decides to do something like that. I didn’t really like it. I know I probably would have done something or fixed it if I had been in the lineup. I’ll remember that and we’ll see what happens the next time we play them.” - Arber Xhekaj

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad