Post-Game Talk: Habs can't stop a puck or stay healthy. Rags wipe out Habs in Montreal.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Striped donkeys were in fine form last night. Sooooo Parros the Parrot (Buttmans latest phony players safty czar )doesn’t think this hit from one of the dirtiest players in the league warranted any review but Arber’s elbow makes contact with a shorter players stick which then winds up making contact with his head which was part of the flow of the play and gets the book thrown at him, yes Barron left himself vulnerable but it’s still a HEAD SHOT!!! what a fu&@ing joke the league is,its so fu&@ing obvious Parros the Parrot has a grudge against us. I don’t agree too often with Gallo but i liked what he suggested which was that someone should give him a nice crosscheck to the face when trying to defend himself from a questionable hit, personally I’d love to see Arbor destroy this piece of shit.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Striped donkeys were in fine form last night. Sooooo Parros the Parrot (Buttmans latest phony players safty czar )doesn’t think this hit from one of the dirtiest players in the league warranted any review but Arber’s elbow makes contact with a shorter players stick which then winds up making contact with his head which was part of the flow of the play and gets the book thrown at him, yes Barron left himself vulnerable but it’s still a HEAD SHOT!!! what a fu&@ing joke the league is,its so fu&@ing obvious Parros the Parrot has a grudge against us. I don’t agree too often with Gallo but i liked what he suggested which was that someone should give him a nice crosscheck to the face when trying to defend himself from a questionable hit, personally I’d love to see Arbor destroy this piece of shit.

• Wow
Reactions: 1909

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Honestly, they started the game off well and came back well, but two things killed them.

The non-icing, icing. That was icing all day long, the refs f***ed them, but the two kids learned a lesson that you can't stop until you hear the whistle. Incompetent officiating happens in the NHL too often.

The muffin of a 5th goal against by Primeau.

In the end, the goaltending regressing to the mean from last year, multiple execution failures to clear a puck from the zone when they get the chance, and the lack of depth to overcome major pieces of the line-up being out, and you'll get this against a bonafide cup contender that was built by our very own Gorton.
I think it is certifiably hilarious to say we had a strong start in a game that was 4-0 10 minutes in.

Also saying that Gorton built the Rangers - he shit the bed drafting in the top-10 every year and lucked out by being the GM of a team in the single most desirable city to live in North America. Unless you think a Norris winner and a 100point superstar are going to force their way here, whatever the Rangers accomplish is irrelevant to our future.

They canned him, made moves to win now, and immediately started competing.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Haha, I missed that!

1729704945177.png

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I think it is certifiably hilarious to say we had a strong start in a game that was 4-0 10 minutes in.

Also saying that Gorton built the Rangers - he shit the bed drafting in the top-10 every year and lucked out by being the GM of a team in the single most desirable city to live in North America. Unless you think a Norris winner and a 100point superstar are going to force their way here, whatever the Rangers accomplish is irrelevant to our future.

They canned him, made moves to win now, and immediately started competing.
Rangers are nothing. They will never win a Cup. Too many losers like Panarin on the team. Gorton built the Bruins and he was hurt more than helped with the Rangers by having to sign guys like Panarin too early in the rebuild so the drafted players never got to play and develop.

Jul 6, 2016
Another quick fact: since taking the reins, MSL has been guiding one of the NHL's youngest and most inexperienced teams. Like coaching a puppy to do tricks, it's going to take some time.
What about showing EFFORT ? Be COMPETITIVE ?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Rangers are nothing. They will never win a Cup. Too many losers like Panarin on the team. Gorton built the Bruins and he was hurt more than helped with the Rangers by having to sign guys like Panarin too early in the rebuild so the drafted players never got to play and develop.
Hard disagree from me, on every point.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
He has had three knee surgeries now
Can you provide any source for the other two? I'm searching Google for Reinbacher knee surgery before September 25th 2024 to remove results from the current surgery and all I can find is mentions of his short term knee injury from the start of last year or at the worlds (neither of which led to surgery) and a bunch of blog link results that all refer to the knee surgery from a couple weeks ago. I can't find anything about any other knee surgeries he's had before October 2024.

I'm asking because I've seen this claim multiple times (that he's had multiple knee surgeries/major knee injuries etc) and I can't figure out where it came from. It's possible I'm just missing something but I genuinely can't find any stories about another knee surgery before this year, just two minor injuries from the start of last year and the worlds.
and osgoode schlatter disease since his youth...
This is a complete non-issue. I had the exact same condition around 15-18 y/o when I was playing hockey and football. It's happens more often with teenage athletes because sometimes your quads can develop a little quicker than your tibia so the muscle is disproportionately strong and it pulls too hard on your patellar tendon causing pain and sometimes a bump at the top of your tibia/shin. All I had to do to manage it was take ibuprofen after playing sports and ice my knee if the pain bothered me. It went away by the time I was about 18-19 and it works that way in the overwhelming majority of cases.

There is no reason to be even remotely worried about him having Osgood-Schlatter (if he even still does, at 19 he has probably grown out of it). It can be very painful but it's "just" pain that goes away as you physically mature and your bones catch up with your muscle growth, it's not a structural knee problem at all.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Can you provide any source for the other two? I'm searching Google for Reinbacher knee surgery before September 25th 2024 to remove results from the current surgery and all I can find is mentions of his short term knee injury from the start of last year or at the worlds (neither of which led to surgery) and a bunch of blog link results that all refer to the knee surgery from a couple weeks ago. I can't find anything about any other knee surgeries he's had before October 2024.

I'm asking because I've seen this claim multiple times (that he's had multiple knee surgeries/major knee injuries etc) and I can't figure out where it came from. It's possible I'm just missing something but I genuinely can't find any stories about another knee surgery before this year, just two minor injuries from the start of last year and the worlds.

This is a complete non-issue. I had the exact same condition around 15-18 y/o when I was playing hockey and football. It's happens more often with teenage athletes because sometimes your quads can develop a little quicker than your tibia so the muscle is disproportionately strong and it pulls too hard on your patellar tendon causing pain and sometimes a bump at the top of your tibia/shin. All I had to do to manage it was take ibuprofen after playing sports and ice my knee if the pain bothered me. It went away by the time I was about 18-19 and it works that way in the overwhelming majority of cases.

There is no reason to be even remotely worried about him having Osgood-Schlatter (if he even still does, at 19 he has probably grown out of it). It can be very painful but it's "just" pain that goes away as you physically mature and your bones catch up with your muscle growth, it's not a structural knee problem at all.
His injury issues were mentioned last month on this board at the time he was injured. I am not going to dig everything up for you, but feel free to search the injury thread and the Reinbacher thread.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
His injury issues were mentioned last month on this board at the time he was injured. I am not going to dig everything up for you, but feel free to search the injury thread and the Reinbacher thread.
As far as I can tell this is just the HFHabs doomer telephone game responding to the injury from camp and retroactively turning a couple prior week to week injuries from specific contact and a complete non-issue condition with a scary-sounding name into an accepted belief that WE DRAFTED A PLAYER WITH A TERRIBLE KNEE CONDITION AND HE'S HAD A MILLION KNEE INJURIES ALREADY!

I read those threads at the time. I'm checking through both threads again right now, and I still can't find any actual information about a 2nd or 3rd knee surgery. Just vague assertions that he had bad knees with no evidence, and people talking about a "third knee injury" (which is true, he had two minor knee injuries last year, but not surgeries) and "a knee condition" which refers to the Osgood-Schlatter's disease stuff, which again, is a complete non-issue. I'm not asking you to dig everything up for me, but the claim was he's had three knee surgeries. That should be very easy to find given he's been playing professional hockey for multiple years and was drafted by an NHL team with so much media attention. All I can find is the two week-to-week injuries and the current one, and it should be obvious that's very different from "three knee surgeries".

Can not stress enough that we should not be worried about the Osgood-Schlatter's stuff, it is irrational to have it enter your analysis of the player at all. It's barely any more relevant than learning a player had his tonsils removed. It is not an ongoing knee condition; it does not affect the knee joint/ligaments, and it does not impact the knee's function in the overwhelming majority of cases. It's just the quads developing faster than the tibia and causing pain at the top of the shin until an athlete's bones finish growing. That's it. It has a scary name and it was sometimes quite painful when I had it but it's a complete non issue.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Me thinks your memory is playing tricks on you, and you're mixing-up surgery and injury. It's his 3rd knee injury (same knee?), but his first surgery.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
What about showing EFFORT ? Be COMPETITIVE ?
Yes, I have argued the same. But then argue this. Stating that MSL's record sucks since taking over a team of young and inexperienced players is absurd - of course it sucks, much like water is wet. Incidentally, in my rants about lack of effort and competitiveness, I also realize that this too is a common trait of young players

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Oliver Kapanen probably wants a one way ticket to Sweden soon!
I hadn't watched a game until period 2 and 3 tonight. We can use the reasoning that they are very young but in all honesty it's deeper than that. They are simply a poorly assembled group coached by a very inexperienced staff. This is a lottery pick level team.

They're running a young team with Bergevin's left overs who are absolutely trash at this point.

The blue line is full of pups. No team has ever looked good by playing 4 d-men day in and day out with less experience than what Mtl has done over the course of the last 2 seasons.

Savard has finally hit the proverbial wall and Matheson is just trying to do too much with what he sees right now. Who’s left?!? You got 4 pups! Mailloux needs to go back, Lane is not 100% ready, Barron? We saw tonight. Struble is a 3rd pairing guy with less than a season of play in the pros. I mean, come on, mates.

For now, if I’m HuGo, I’m looking at my pro scouts’ reports and calling my fellow GMs for 3rd pairing help, experienced help.

Guhle is a remarkable defenceman (his absence is as felt tonight, imagine that, still so young). But he can’t do it alone.

BTW, if you think this beating wasn’t directed at Gorton, then I don’t know what to say. The Rags mauled the kiddos to let the big boss upstairs know that his kiddos are not ready yet.

Gorton’s ego took a beating tonight. Il a mal à son orgeuil.

If they want to improve from last year substantially, they need to upgrade the Bergevin left overs this season.

The young players should develop in the AHL and NHL, but the vets have to give more. Way more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad