Post-Game Talk: Habs can't stop a puck or stay healthy. Rags wipe out Habs in Montreal.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Habs are off until Saturday.

Home ice

Embarrassing performance.

TEAM BETTER BE f***ING READY TO GO.

They don't have to win, but again, being ready to go and being competitive, but ultimately losing is what most would likely want to see.

Not this continuous bullshit of slow starts and erratic effort.

You're down a field goal before the first intermission? THAT'S ON YOU AND YOYR INABILITY TO GET THE TEAM GOING. And a little bit to Hughes who didn't want to sign, or trade for any of the bottom 6 forwards that bring energy. Drag a team into the battle.

Right now MSL is showing he couldn't even get a kleptomanic pumped to steal shit let alone getting this team going.

Prove me wrong Saturday.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I have very little to criticize Mike Matheson about...
I'm just not sure if he's playing well or he simply looks stable in comparison to Lane Hutson's adventures. :laugh:

He still makes weird decisions with the puck on the PP but I can live with that if he plays reasonably well in his own end.
I don't see him making those ill advised rushes we've seen in the past but then again Lane is making enough for both of them.
Matheson was godawfull against the Bruins and the Kings. I haven't seen much of the last two games, but he might have calmed down a bit.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
You know I’ve cooled off from last night. I was an advocate of the rebuild, and this is what we are doing currently. Got to be patient, it would be dishonest to shit on the process now that it is ongoing. Bring on the cumulative high picks, the youth having bad nights, the years of suffering, I will be patient.
Hughes has you right where he wants you

• Haha
Reactions: GrandmaCookie

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Actually every D has been god awful lately, that allows Matheson not to stick out as much!
Last night, I wrote that Matheson was the only on ice example for the kids in the game thread...and I'm pretty sure that this is what it is. The coaches are showing tapes of Matheson to the kids.:sarcasm:

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It seems the rebuild is straying off course, something just doesn't seem right.
MSL has had an easy ride up until now but his coaching is now being scrutinized and it's deserved.

Easy ride? You probably mean by the media, which he hates. There's no easy ride when you're trying to coach an overall shitty roster. It must be a pain in the ass day in and day out.

Reactions: Big Lurk

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Can’t stand watching this god awful team all the way from top to bottom. I suspect even the positive bunch here are going to have mixed feelings about the rebuild after this season
It seems the rebuild is straying off course, something just doesn't seem right.
MSL has had an easy ride up until now but his coaching is now being scrutinized and it's deserved.
Idk I just don't really get this perspective, I get being frustrated about how the team looks now but the connection to the rebuild being in question doesn't really make much sense to me. I've said this a lot lately but we have one core player over 23 and it's Suzuki at age 25. Everyone else who matters is U23 and Slafkovsky/Hutson can't even buy a beer in the US yet. Demidov and Hage aren't here yet, Reinbacher is injured but is also still just 19, it's not like this group is really on the clock or anything.

I expected we'd be in the 20-24th range but without Guhle/Slaf/Laine, Dach clearly taking time to get back up to NHL speed, and Savard taking a step back this is just a very thin team with an extremely green blue line. There were 4-6 forwards dressed last night who will be here long term depending on how you feel about Kapanen and Heineman. I get the criticism of the coaching staff but at a broader level It just isn't really clear to me why I'm supposed to have Big Concerns About The Rebuild because we're bad while running Matheson-Barron as our top pair and Newhook-Kapanen-Armia as our second line due to injuries while Dvorak and Savard have been completely terrible.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
The fans have given MSL an easy ride, i could give 2 f#$$ks about the media
I think that MSL honeymoon with MTL media and fans is f***** over.

I dont know why/what/how he insist in implementing a system that clearly does not work. He's stubborn, we know that, but this will be his downfall at this rhythm. He needs help and a F***** head check

Reactions: Big Lurk

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

I dont know why/what/how he insist in implementing a system that clearly does not work. He's stubborn, we know that, but this will be his downfall at this rhythm. He needs help and a F***** head check
👍

Fans generally are ok with the rebuild, they just won't accept the current way this team is playing, injuries or not.

Reactions: Trabdy2

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Fans generally are ok with the rebuild, they just won't accept the current way this team is playing, injuries or not.
This!

Last yeah, we had so many lost by 1 goal... rarely blown out of a game. In 6 game, we been blown 50% of the time... and didn't look fantastic in two others, just good enough.

It is obvious that lack of depth combine with injury will prevent the team to be in the mix, but make sure you implement a system that allow the team to compete now and in the future when the injury stop and depth is improved. There are still fun players to watch even if the outcome of the game is a L: caufleid, slaf, suzuki, Hutson... maybe dach in January.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Hughes failed to address the hole on RD and even made it worse getting rid of Kova. I like our management team, but this was a big blunder.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
45-23 shots, how is the score unfair ?
Usually you would expect NHL goalies to be at about 900 saves % no matter what. So this game should have ended 5-2. Team was bad but the goalies were equally bad.

The 2nd goal was laughable from both the goalie and defense. Mailloux should have skated harder but as a goalie as soon as you see that it wont be an icing you got to play the puck 100%. Schneider's and Kakko's goals were pretty damn weak.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Quick fact: Since he started coaching the Habs, MSL has loss more games than any other NHL coach.
Another quick fact: since taking the reins, MSL has been guiding one of the NHL's youngest and most inexperienced teams. Like coaching a puppy to do tricks, it's going to take some time.

Levard

Apr 25, 2023
Who the f*** evaluate those weakling we ice to play in the NHL.

Our team suck.

Now we are crying cause its too violent loll.. ..Man up already.

NHL rules are fine.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad