Proposal: Habs - Bruins / Sergachev for Pastrank & Forsbacka-Karlsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
:bruins

Sergachev, Mikhail

:habs

Pastrnak, David

Forsbacka-Karlsson, Jakob

Bruins get their offensive defender who can help along with Krug to run one of the powerplay units and Habs get two solid young forwards and one who has already proven himself at the NHL level and who will elevate the tiers of their attack.

Thoughts? Is value fair?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Sergachev, Mikhail

Pastrnak, David

Bruins get their offensive defender who can help along with Krug to run one of the powerplay units and Habs get two solid young forwards and one who has already proven himself at the NHL level and who will elevate the tiers of their attack.

Thoughts? Is value fair?
Bruins decline. I wouldn't trade Pastrnak 1 for 1 for Sergachev let alone add JFK. The Bruins have enough LD prospects developing, and Pastrnak is the future for the Bruins. Sweeney even flat out said he wasn't trading Pastrnak after the draft. How realistic is it that these teams will trade with each other in the first place anyways?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Nah, no way from Montreal. Pastrnak aint worth a top 10 pick esp one with that much upside.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC

Sergachev, Mikhail

Pastrnak, David

Thoughts? Is value fair?

Why would the Habs deal a player just drafted. That's just stupid to even consider

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Why would the Habs deal a player just drafted. That's just stupid to even consider
That too. When was the last time a team traded a player they drafted 3 months prior? Montreal doesn't do it for that reason as well as because from my perspective, feel free to chime in if I'm wrong, Sergachev is an important prospect for Montreal since Markov's best days are behind him. If all goes well in Sergachev's development, he can become the first-pairing defenseman Montreal needs who can be partnered with Weber. Because of this, based on my comments above as to why the Bruins don't do it, and because of both teams' needs as well as each teams' prospect pools, I don't see why either team does this. Also because I doubt the Bruins and Canadiens will be making a trade with each other anytime soon :laugh:.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Sergachev is the cream on the top of those two prospects, I wouldn't make this trade. Reading the commentaries, both fan bases seem to hate it, maybe it means it's fair value... I still wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
That too. When was the last time a team traded a player they drafted 3 months prior? Montreal doesn't do it for that reason as well as because from my perspective, feel free to chime in if I'm wrong, Sergachev is an important prospect for Montreal since Markov's best days are behind him. If all goes well in Sergachev's development, he can become the first-pairing defenseman Montreal needs who can be partnered with Weber. Because of this, based on my comments above as to why the Bruins don't do it, and because of both teams' needs as well as each teams' prospect pools, I don't see why either team does this. Also because I doubt the Bruins and Canadiens will be making a trade with each other anytime soon :laugh:.

the wade redden for bryan berard trade leaps to mind... so there is precedence.

that said a trade between montreal and boston is impossible. i think we dealt for naslund when he was finished... maybe nilan was a trade too?

couple of washed up guys almost at retirement age

theres zero chance montreal or boston would risk trading first round young talent

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
What the heck is this? Sergachev is untouchable, there is nothing the Bruins can offer besides Bergeron (which is not happening) that would interest the Habs.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
What the heck is this? Sergachev is untouchable, there is nothing the Bruins can offer besides Bergeron (which is not happening) that would interest the Habs.

Even if Bergeron is offered, the habs shouldnt really mortgage our future for him when we are already paying Plekanec 6M$. But value wise, its clear cut, Bergeron by a mile.

Other than him, the bruins def have more than enough to acquire him or any valuable player. Krejci, Spooner, Rask, Krug, Pasternak, prospects, Marchand, etc...

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site

Sergachev, Mikhail

Pastrnak, David

Thoughts? Is value fair?

These teams won't trade any high profile prospects or younger players to each other.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
That's up for debate. Just like anyone's potential.

Sergachev was named best D of the OHL in his rookie season, racked the points and sees the ice, skates like the wind, is tall and built like a truck, has a heavy shot, knows how to play proper defense, his potential is sky high.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

that said a trade between montreal and boston is impossible. i think we dealt for naslund when he was finished... maybe nilan was a trade too?

theres zero chance montreal or boston would risk trading first round young talent

This one comes to mind ;)

But try to imagine this - Ken Dryden wearing a Boston Bruins uniform.
Unthinkable right? Well what many people don't know is that Boston actually drafted the 6'4" 225lb "octopus" of a goalie in 1964, 14th overall. Days later he was traded to Montreal with Alex Campbell for Guy Allen and Paul Reid. The trade wasn't even an after thought at the time. The other three never appeared in the NHL, and no one really expected Dryden to, either.

We need Sergachev as a Markov replacement. No way we trade him for an unsure upgrade at 2nd LW and a C 1-3 years away from pro hockey.

Last edited:

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
The better player to date, mainly cuz Sergechev just got drafted, but def not the player with the more potential.

Mb sergechev has a higher potentiel but Pasta is a 20 years old top 6 player already. I could see him scoring 30 this year. And like its been said, bruins have enough lefty defensemen prospects. We dont need sergachev.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Mb sergechev has a higher potentiel but Pasta is a 20 years old top 6 player already. I could see him scoring 30 this year. And like its been said, bruins have enough lefty defensemen prospects. We dont need sergachev.

As good as he is, as many goals as he scores, im sorry but Sergechev's upside as a true #1 Dman is too much to pass up on. If Sergechev breaks out and reaches his potential, as a #1 Dman, he would have have significantly more value in the market over a top 6 or even a top 3 winger in Pasternak.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
But I dont get it, Pasta has yet to complete a single NHL season and hasn't even posted great numbers. As a Habs fan, I could think of Gallagher for a similar point pace in his first two seasons. Personally, I would value Sergechev over Gallagher, but I guess, a bunch of other fans wouldnt. So, yeah, I guess bruins fans are right to prefer their young promising player.

Habsfann

Apr 13, 2014
Value might be close, but it makes no sense for either team to make such a trade!

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
But I dont get it, Pasta has yet to complete a single NHL season and hasn't even posted great numbers. As a Habs fan, I could think of Gallagher for a similar point pace in his first two seasons. Personally, I would value Sergechev over Gallagher, but I guess, a bunch of other fans wouldnt. So, yeah, I guess bruins fans are right to prefer their young promising player.

Pastrnak's first two seasons at 18 and 19 are closer comparable to Galchenyuk if you are looking at age + production. Pastrnak's production level is actually a notch higher. Gallagher made his debut in his 20/21 year old campaign. All of Pastrnak's NHL games have come as a teenager. Can't compare with players who make it at 18, especially ones like Pastrnak who have somewhat themselves as top-6 forwards who can create/produce on their own.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Not really.

Bryan Berard told the Ottawa Senators he would not report forcing the deal and even still, it didn't actually happen until January, months after he had been drafted.

Neither one of those was a trade. Naslund joined the Bruins after being out of the NHL for four years. He was a free agent signing.

The Habs traded Nilan to the Rangers then three years later the Bruins acquired him from New York via trade. He did, however, go back to the Habs from the Bruins, but it was on waivers.

But the teams have had a few trades in the not too distant past. Eric Weinrich got sent to Boston for Patrick Traverse in 2001 and Jeff Hackett went from Montreal to Boston via San Jose in a three-way trade in 2003. But the point remains, insignificant trades with players on the wrong side of their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad