Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Bruins Oct 10th 7pm ET

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This should be fun.
The Bruins got stomped pretty heavily in Florida in the first period the other night.
They are probably going to be a fairly chippy side.
Hopefully our speed can give their D some fits because our brawn up front won't.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This should be fun.
The Bruins got stomped pretty heavily in Florida in the first period the other night.
They are probably going to be a fairly chippy side.
Hopefully our speed can give their D some fits because our brawn up front won't.
I would love to have Trent Fredric on my team

Reactions: Rapala

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Finally a real hockey game. Got fed up of playing Leafs and Sens all the time. Dirty Bruins are a good hockey team and a nice measuring stick to see how we are doing.

I expect a loss but I think we can bring this to OT to keep us in DA MIX.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Finally a real hockey game. Got fed up of playing Leafs and Sens all the time. Dirty Bruins are a good hockey team and a nice measuring stick to see how we are doing.

I expect a loss but I think we can bring this to OT.
A loss is more realistic with Primeau in nets. Boston will be chippy. Middleweights like Fredric and Kastelic will need to be dealt with.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A loss is more realistic with Primeau in nets. Boston will be chippy. Middleweights like Fredric and Kastelic will need to be dealt with.
We are absolutely going to need that in the zone Primeau we saw a couple of times last season for any hope in this one.
I don't feel he'll ever be that guy consistently however.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe he's spent from last nights heroics?
If it was in Jan or Feb but seriously these are kids, kids who are pro athlestes. If the entire team can play 2 nights in a row, then surely we can have the goalie play too?
He deserves the start........Broduer used to play 76 games almost every season for years, andw as hardly in the best of shape at all times....

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I expect a loss but I think we can bring this to OT to keep us in DA MIX.
That would be awesome because it's time to stick that 9 game losing streak against Ottawa up their ass.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If it was in Jan or Feb but seriously these are kids, kids who are pro athlestes. If the entire team can play 2 nights in a row, then surely we can have the goalie play too?
He deserves the start........Broduer used to play 76 games almost every season for years, andw as hardly in the best of shape at all times....

New Jersey could have put a fire hydrant in net and won most of those games. Broduer wasn't facing 47 shots a night when he was starting all those games.

Reactions: CDN24

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'd love to see Montembeault tonight, but after stopping 48 shots the guy's earned a rest.

So it's up to Primeau to keep the Habs' undefeated streak going!

Reactions: waitin425

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Can't say without speaking with Monty to see how he's doing, he saw a lot of action,more than the norm.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I expect to see:

Monty -> Primeau
Heineman -> Kapanen

Could see:

Pezz -> ABB

I know it's only been one game but it's not like Monty breezed through a laugher with an 11 save shutout.

Reactions: CDN24

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
How do you not start Monty again tonight??
It's October, who cares about b2b
Guy gets a shutout, he starts again..........
You don't risk injury by playing a goalie B2B with travel. Primeau starts and Monty goes again Sat against Sens

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd love to see Montembeault tonight, but after stopping 48 shots the guy's earned a rest.

So it's up to Primeau to keep the Habs' undefeated streak going!

I think Primeau is up for the task! He had some rough games last year but lots of very good games as well. He reminds me a younger Monty actually. Battling very hard to improve and showing signs of stealing games. I was impressed with Primeau's improvement last year (just like Monty in his 1st two seasons)

If our team D is solid, Primeau won't get exposed. I would say the biggest ingredient to beating the Bruins tonight is to stay out the penalty box!

Reactions: Lshap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad