GDT: Habs at Leafs (Now, Monday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I saw 12 inches and thought you were going somewhere else.
After a surgery nonetheless
Out of my surgery after 6 years waiting win this one for me

Half the process done we keep going . I'll try to watch on my superb 12 inches 240p tv

Get well soon, this place wouldn't be the same without you

Going to the game tonight, stoked I get too see what I hope is the close to A squad!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Of course it will be close to an A squad : Armia, Evans, Gallagher, Anderson, Pearson, Savard, Allen will all be there.... All the stars !!!
You should have only listed the players with a name that start with A. ;)

But with the players left at camp, it's going to be very close to the starting line-up. At forwards, Heineman is the only one who didn't play 25+ games in the NHL last season. The D have more rookies around, but I think they are waiting to give Lindstrom one more game before deciding who stays.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You should have only listed the players with a name that start with A. ;)

But with the players left at camp, it's going to be very close to the starting line-up. At forwards, Heineman is the only one who didn't play 25+ games in the NHL last season. The D have more rookies around, but I think they are waiting to give Lindstrom one more game before deciding who stays.
Has Lindsrom done anything that warrants not being placed on waivers? If Barron had to clear waivers we would be seeing Lindstrom on the waiver wire.

Reactions: jrom and Runner77

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Things might look grim now and im not hopefultonight, but I'm sure we'll see career years from a lot of guys. I'm still predicting a 10th last finish, but that's a pretty good jump from 5th last.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Jul 6, 2016
Things might look grim now and im not hopefultonight, but I'm sure we'll see career years from a lot of guys. I'm still predicting a 10th last finish, but that's a pretty good jump from 5th last.
If no serious injuries to key players, they should be able to pile up 80 points.

Reactions: schwang26

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
What are you saying?

I'll take Anderson's size/skating/goals over Hoffman's soft style game with more assists.

Anderson > Hoffman. Not close. Brining in Hoffman to this conversation is a reach.

What I am saying is that Anderson was quoted as the one scoring and I merely mentioned he is scoring at a lower PPG than Hoffman who was supposedly done and useless. I don t especially like Hoffman‚s game but Anderson is widely overrated on those boards. People should stop saying size and skating are strength when he obviously can t help the team with those strength. He is paid as a 2nd liner whereas he is a one trick winger with tunnel vision.

• Love
Reactions: the

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Goaltending and injuries will be key. Hopefully not many of our 2nd year players experience the dreaded sophomore jinx.

What I am saying is that Anderson was quoted as the one scoring and I merely mentioned he is scoring at a lower PPG than Hoffman who was supposedly done and useless. I don t especially like Hoffman‚s game but Anderson is widely overrated on those boards. People should stop saying size and skating are strength when he obviously can t help the team with those strength. He is paid as a 2nd liner whereas he is a one trick winger with tunnel vision.
The biggest frustration with Anderson for me is his consistency. Other than that I like having him on the team.

Reactions: Toene and Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Making all evaluations based on stat watching can be misleading - Anderson’s game is based on the combination effect of high end speed for such a large body in a transition game + ability to deliver 20G+

How many other players in the NHL have that combined ability w equivalent cap hit or less?

So no, Anderson is not overrated…. myopic stat watchers are misguided

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Funny, two games ago, many here were smugly saying how poor the Leafs' prospect pool was. Now they see the Leafs as having a soon to arrive juggernaut of talent. The reality is their prospects aren't nearly as good as some here now think, nor is our pool as void as some here now fear. I believe that while we will be incrementally better this year, we still will be drafting in the top 7. The silver lining is that 2024 is a very good year to be drafting in the top 10. Very good indeed.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad