Proposal: Habs and Ducks deadline deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Not to mention the idea of a top pairing of lindholm- drysdale is a pretty damn good idea

just out of curiosity, do you think Lindholm extends with the Ducks after next year, or does he try to go to a contender as a UFA ? I feel like the ducks are at the beginning of their rebuild even though Zegras Drysdale is a nice base to build on.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
And what has Mantha done exactly?

Oh yeah, nothing. He's scoring at a LOWER rate than Drouin, And Habs fan keep being told Drouin is a cap dump. Mantha isn't good.
Wow man Drouin 21 points in 38 games, Mantha 21 points in 42 games. Yeah Drouin is badly outpacing Mantha. Sure if we're going by this Mantha 38 points in 43 games in 2019/2020 pretty much a point per game and yet he missed 28 games due to injurie's.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Duh yeah, Drouin playing on a stacked Habs team while Mantha is playing on the worst scoring team in the past 5 to 6 years.
Mantha plays most with larkin and Fabbri, drouin with suzuki and anderson.

I'd rank those teammates as

Larkin
Suzuki
Anderson
Fabbri

both are playing with Similar quality teammates, but Mantha plays 2 mins more a night and gets paid more and produces less.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Duh yeah, Drouin playing on a stacked Habs team while Mantha is playing on the worst scoring team in the past 5 to 6 years.

On a stacked Habs team? If the team was staked, we'd be a cup contender, Habs aren't. TB is Stacked, BOS is Stacked, LVS is staked, TOR is stacked. Habs aren't.

Get real for a 2nd, Mantha is terrible, If he was THAT good, he'd still be scoring at a 50-60pts pace. not 40

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
just out of curiosity, do you think Lindholm extends with the Ducks after next year, or does he try to go to a contender as a UFA ? I feel like the ducks are at the beginning of their rebuild even though Zegras Drysdale is a nice base to build on.

The Ducks will have endless cap space next season and should be fully intent on keeping Lindholm. Haven't heard or read anything regarding his intentions but he's definitely taken to the SoCal lifestyle. If the money is there and the team starts showing positive signs of improvement (already seeing this with some of the young kids breaking in), I don't see why he wouldn't want to stay.

Really want to see a Lindholm - Drysdale top pairing in the near future.

Reactions: Rec T and dracom

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Works salary cap wise... Not sure I'd do it but I'd consider it. Habs best option left to make a deal that provides value for this year and next.

Would Ducks fans consider this?

- Lindholm ($5.2M with one year left after this year)
- Getzlaf (50% retention = $4.125M)
for
- 2021 1st (top 3 protection)
- Harris (Grade B+ prospect on D)
- Lehkonen (RFA controlled)
- Armia (Pending UFA)

* Getzlaf waives to join Perry, Price, Weber, Staal and the kids
* Lindholm broke his wrist on Feb 27th and was out for 6 weeks. Scheduled to be back mid April ish?
Yet another Drouin for Girard+ type proposal. This is a recurring thing. When will certain Habs fans realize other teams don’t want your late 20s bottom line players and B level prospects at the cost of their better players.

If it doesn’t hurt both teams, it’s not a realistic trade proposal.

Such a common theme with Habs proposals. Always moving out a quantity of minor pieces with little value to acquire better players of greater value. So many video game proposals that don’t work in reality for the other team.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Wow man Drouin 21 points in 38 games, Mantha 21 points in 42 games. Yeah Drouin is badly outpacing Mantha. Sure if we're going by this Mantha 38 points in 43 games in 2019/2020 pretty much a point per game and yet he missed 28 games due to injurie's.
Mantha: 2.23 points per minute over career
Drouin: 2.20 points per minute over career

but MANTHA is so much better though ... big YIKES

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

So. Drouin is outpacing Mantha, playing on a bubble playoff team. Drouin is a cap dump, yet Mantha is an outstanding player who desrves a top prospec + 1 st pick? Ok buddy, get out of here bfore you dig your hole even deeper.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY

(personal opinion only from someone 2500 miles away from any local to the Ducks media...). I think he sticks around. From a personal standpoint (iirc) the Ducks are at/near the end of some big contracts so there should be money available to really pay him. Professionally, while the elite talent isn't there at the moment, there are a lot of really young/needs some more NHL level experience players who are fairly decent (or have shown flashes of such talent). I wouldn't put the team at the start of their rebuild but more midway through it & aaaalllmost ready (another 1-2 years) to slam things into gear & compete again.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yet another Drouin for Girard+ type proposal. This is a recurring thing. When will certain Habs fans realize other teams don’t want your late 20s bottom line players and B level prospects at the cost of their better players.

Such a common theme with Habs proposals. Always moving out a quantity of minor pieces with little value to acquire better players of greater value. So many video game proposals that don’t work in reality for the other team.

Harris and B level prospect do not belong in the same sentence tho.

Reactions: alasania94

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think he stays personally , well have plenty of money to pay him. I think we have a lot of solid pieces.... likely adding more in this draft. I think getting value off Manson/Rakell is big for the rebuild. We’re going to have money to be active in free agency soon.... so we can find those filler pieces hopefully and jump back into the playoff picture in 2 years

personally I think he should be the next captain

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The Ducks will have endless cap space next season and should be fully intent on keeping Lindholm. Haven't heard or read anything regarding his intentions but he's definitely taken to the SoCal lifestyle. If the money is there and the team starts showing positive signs of improvement (already seeing this with some of the young kids breaking in), I don't see why he wouldn't want to stay.

Really want to see a Lindholm - Drysdale top pairing in the near future.

Hope for you ;) Grew up seeing Selanne and Kariya leading the Ducks, then Getzlaf andPerry when I was in highschool, kind of nostalgic (I'll always miss the Mighty before the Ducks) ;)

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

99.9% of the proposals can be criticized like this on HF boards. But you think it's just a Habs thing. Moving on

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Glad to see we’ve moved in from how bad this proposal is to a peeing match between an uninvolved team.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Mantha: 2.23 points per minute over career
Drouin: 2.20 points per minute over career

but MANTHA is so much better though ... big YIKES
No one ever said that Mantha was so much better, But Drouin has been playing on much better teams then what Mantha has had in Detroit. Yet Drouins 2 best seasons he only has 5 more points then Mantha on the lowest scoring team in the past 5 to 6 years.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
One trash to rule them all, one trash to find them, One trash to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

Oh it's a fun TDL already
It’s not officially trade deadline until the “it’s happening” gif is posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad