Proposal: Habs and Ducks deadline deal

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So the 1st is garbage now? First is was Harris where you knew nothing about him but called him garbage and now you think the 1st is garbage? I think you really must be upset with Habs fans bud. Time to drop the grudge
A late first especially in this draft is pretty garbage tbh. Ducks dont need another late 1st where we won’t see a return for probably 3-5 years.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I did provide value break down...

1) Carter = Getzlaf = 3rd/4th = Armia. I also said I'd consider adding a 3rd or 4th on top of Armia

2) 1st, Harris (or Norlinder), Lehkonen (RFA controlled) = 1.1 years of Lindholm. A player still injured from a broken wrist. Lindholm is good but he's not a 40+ D man value type
How do any of those pieces (outside of Harris) actually help us?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A late first especially in this draft is pretty garbage tbh. Ducks dont need another late 1st where we won’t see a return for probably 3-5 years.

You must really think Lindholm is worth a top 10 pick and you also get a grade A prospect for a guy who is one more year to UFA and never cracked 40 pts at a D man. He's good but he's not as good as the value I am seeing you guys put on him. Especially for someone who is injured with a broken wrist.

Keep him. It's all good

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
So the 1st is garbage now? First is was Harris where you knew nothing about him but called him garbage and now you think the 1st is garbage? I think you really must be upset with Habs fans bud. Time to drop the grudge
Right now the 1st is #19 overall in a weak draft so yeah it's value isn't as great as you think it is. And Lehkonen and Armia don't even come close to moving the needle for Lindholm and Harris at best is still 2-3 years away from seeing any NHL duty besides if Harris is so wonderfl then there's little chance of Bergevin moving him correct.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I did provide value break down...

1) Carter = Getzlaf = 3rd/4th = Armia. I also said I'd consider adding a 3rd or 4th on top of Armia

2) 1st, Harris (or Norlinder), Lehkonen (RFA controlled) = 1.1 year of Lindholm. A player still injured from a broken wrist.

So basically you think an extra year of Lindholm is only worth a B prospect more than what Savard returned yesterday. Completely absurd

Reactions: Vipers31

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You must really think Lindholm is worth a top 10 pick and you also get a grade A prospect for a guy who is one more year to UFA and never cracked 40 pts at a D man. He's good but he's not as good as the value I am seeing you guys put on him. Especially for someone who is injured with a broken wrist.

Keep him. It's all good
Lol immediately goes to just trashing the player we’re not interested in moving. Classic

Reactions: Weltschmerz and MCB

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How do any of those pieces (outside of Harris) actually help us?

Well, that's the 1st question that has any value and we are on page 4!

1st is probably around 15-20 range. Right now, it's closer to 15 than 20. That's not a late 1st. That's probably the best 1st round pick value you will get from anybody. Who trades a top 15 pick for a guy who is soon to be UFA?

Harris is WJC quality who is a pt/game D man in the NCAA at age 20. The devaluing on him in this thread is comical. My offer would be one of Norlinder or Harris. Some think Harris is going to pull off a fast track to UFA but those are rumors because he elected to play one more NCAA year

Ducks look like they are heading into a rebuild. 1st, Harris, and a RFA controlled asset in Lehkonen is decent. If you feel you get get more, go try. Not coming from the Habs with all due respect

Last edited:
Reactions: alasania94

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Keep him. It's all good
LMFAO Lindholm has far more value then a #19 overall pick and a LD in Harris that 2-3 years away and scrubs in Lehkonen and Armia that serve no purpose to Anaheim.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Keep him. It's all good

The fact that you keep bringing up point totals is just bizarre. Why are you even asking about Lindholm if you are looking for an offensive Dman? He's one of the better defensive D in the league and that's where his value lies. Lindholm puts up the numbers he does while taking on heavy defensive matchups with little PP time, on a team that scores very little to begin with.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol immediately goes to just trashing the player we’re not interested in moving. Classic

Not trashing him. Saying he never cracked 40 pts is fact.

All these things help with determining his value (Facts hurt apparently)
* UFA after next year
* Currently injured with a broken wrist but scheduled to come back in Apr sometime
* Career 31 pts with 8 goals (prorated to 82 game season).
* Career 50.7 Corsi with 54.5% of D zone starts

He's good and I didn't trash him. I am saying he is not valued as high as you have him at. That is my opinion and I gave you some factual information to justify it.

Reactions: alasania94

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The fact that you keep bringing up point totals is just bizarre. Why are you even asking about Lindholm if you are looking for an offensive Dman? He's one of the better defensive D in the league and that's where his value lies. Lindholm puts up the numbers he does while taking on heavy defensive matchups with little PP time, on a team that scores very little to begin with.

He is a good all around type for sure. I would not offer a 1st and Harris if I didn't believe so

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Don't reply to me anymore Ducks fans. You seem offended on an offer and all caught up in a knot about it now. An offer you don't like. Leave it at that.

(fires up Google translator...)

"Mommmm, I made a ludicrous proposal & now 'everyone' is dog piling on me..."

Look, you made a horrid proposal, bottom line. You don't get a team's #1D with what you offered, then add in the same team's Captain who's said that he doesn't want to go anywhere (& has the juice to not go). Even other neutral fans are stopping by & bruising their jaws when they hit the floor from falling open at how bad it is (hell, even a few Habs fans have said so). In face of all that, instead of saying "Hmmm, let me rethink this a bit..." You're double, triple, quadrupling down as to how everyone else is dumb by offering their 'opinions' on your 'facts'. The deeper you dig in...the worse it's going to get as even more fans stop by to see what's being proposed here.

Kudos to you for putting out a proposal (seriously), but when you get 'this' much pushback this quickly...there might be something really wrong with it.

Reactions: MCB and WhatTheDuck

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
(fires up Google translator...)

"Mommmm, I made a ludicrous proposal & now 'everyone' is dog piling on me..."

Look, you made a horrid proposal, bottom line. You don't get a team's #1D with what you offered, then add in the same team's Captain who's said that he doesn't want to go anywhere (& has the juice to not go). Even other neutral fans are stopping by & bruising their jaws when they hit the floor from falling open at how bad it is (hell, even a few Habs fans have said so). In face of all that, instead of saying "Hmmm, let me rethink this a bit..." You're double, triple, quadrupling down as to how everyone else is dumb by offering their 'opinions' on your 'facts'. The deeper you dig in...the worse it's going to get as even more fans stop by to see what's being proposed here.

Kudos to you for putting out a proposal (seriously), but when you get 'this' much pushback this quickly...there might be something really wrong with it.

The pushback means nothing on HF boards. It only creates bandwagon parties.

Just another proposal gone down the drain. My feelings are not hurt.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Well, that's the 1st question that has any value and we are on page 4!

1st is probably around 15-20 range. Right now, it's closer to 15 than 20. That's not a late 1st. That's probably the best 1st round pick value you will get from anybody. Who trades a top 15 pick for a guy who is soon to be UFA?

Harris is WJC quality who is a pt/game D man in the NCAA at age 20. The devaluing on him in this thread is comical. My offer would be one of Norlinder or Harris. Some thing Harris is going to pull off a fast track to UFA but those are rumors because he elected to play one more NCAA year

Ducks look like they are heading into a rebuild. 1st, Harris, and a RFA controlled asset in Lehkonen is decent. If you feel you get get more, go try. Not coming from the Habs with all due respect

Well first off i dont think that 1st would end up being at 15th ova if you added Lindholm and Getz. Second, anyone drafted there is still years away from making an impact. The Ducks are done looking to add picks to hopefully get someone who can play in 3-5 years. Our Gm has stated he’s looking for young players 19-23 who are ready to make an impact in the nhl now.

lehkonen is just more of what we already have, a 30ish point winger. Not all that interesting or useful from our perspective.

also we’re not trying to move our captain or best defenseman. You’re asking for them and getting upset we’re not saying yes.

Not trashing him. Saying he never cracked 40 pts is fact.

All these things help with determining his value (Facts hurt apparently)
* UFA after next year
* Currently injured with a broken wrist but scheduled to come back in Apr sometime
* Career 31 pts with 8 goals (prorated to 82 game season).
* Career 50.7 Corsi with 54.5% of D zone starts

He's good and I didn't trash him. I am saying he is not valued as high as you have him at. That is my opinion and I gave you some factual information to justify it.

the fact your using point totals to evaluate Lindholm is laughable. I also not gave a value for him because we’re not trying to trade him. Rather keep him and have him and Drysdale lead our d-core instead of getting a 20 year college player a mid-late first that won’t be in the NHL any time soon

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
And yet Montreal fans continue to make their garbage offers for him anyways. Yet every Montreal fan continues to drool over Mantha being in a Habs uniform go figure.
we stopped making proposals when we realized he was almost 27 and regressing/injury prone/signed for 3 more years. Sorry that's your best player man. it's good though cause you have Mo Seider on the way, he should help you guys win the cup!

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah because i see your daily garbage proposals for Mantha, The biggest one yet Domi+Mete for Mantha yeah like that one would've ever happened.

And what has Mantha done exactly?

Oh yeah, nothing. He's scoring at a LOWER rate than Drouin, And Habs fan keep being told Drouin is a cap dump. Mantha isn't good.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
And what has Mantha done exactly?

Oh yeah, nothing. He's scoring at a LOWER rate than Drouin, And Habs fan keep being told Drouin is a cap dump. Mantha isn't ood.
don't forget he plays 3:25 mins more a game, and is producing less than 20 year old Kotkaniemi... sad

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
don't forget he plays 3:25 mins more a game, and is producing less than 20 year old Kotkaniemi... sad
I know right!!
It's crazy how Mantha is worth a top prospect +++, but Drouin is a cap dump, when Drouin is outproducing him, AND signed on a cheaper contract.

There has to be something in Detroit's water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad