Confirmed with Link: Habs acquire David Schlemko for 2019 5th rounder

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Essentially turned Beaulieu and a 5th in 2019 into Schlemko and a 3rd. Also freed up cap by losing Emelin.

Not bad not bad...if he trades Galchenyuk for a dman that's any less than Hanifin though I won't be happy

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
why not just resign beaulieu for 2.8 mill (slightly higher) than dean malenko?

i rather have a 23 yo than a 30 yo.. then again i never heard of this guy before today

The dude has 350+ games in the NHL, it's his problem if you don't know him. He's more reliable than Beaulieu although he offers the same tools.

PS: Props for making me laugh on the Malenko name drop, I'll give you that.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Cheap Cheap Cheap Cheap Cheap that's all I hear over here. There's a reason he is cheap and there is a reason vegas didn't want him and a reason he was left unprotected and that salary. He isn't any good

We have plenty of crap already. We don't need more crap eating out salary no matter how ceap

Your username fits you.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Yea seriously wtf is that!!!

Omg we have an incompetent as president and as manager

Omg

We are trying to fill the hole left in the subban deal and now with emelin and bealieu that hole became a crater to fill. We trade 2 top 5 and we go out to get a player the sharks didn't want vegas didn't want. Omg

This is a candidate for overreaction post of the summer.

1. Weber filled the hole created in the Subban trade, whether you like the trade or not
  2. Emelin and Beaulieu were 3rd pairing defenseman, so calling it a crater is ridiculous. This trade and Jerabek fill that "crater"
  3. It was a 5th round pick two years from now. Chill.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
oiler fan here. watched him a fair bit this season and in the playoffs.
you're going to regret this deal. He's just not very good.

and like I said, I'm an oiler fan so I have a lot of experience watching bad hockey.

Reactions: Watsatheo

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Seems Sharks fans aren't too happy about losing him. A lot of them saying he was arguably the best 3rd pairing guy in the league and that it was the first time they'd ever had a reliable third pairing. Take it with a grain of salt of course but he was a popular player over there and it seems we made a nice acquisition.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
How bout the ones who have no clue who he is watch him a little before criticizing

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
oiler fan here. watched him a fair bit this season and in the playoffs.
you're going to regret this deal. He's just not very good.

yeah...maybe some day in 2020 we'll regret it :laugh:

"What are the Habs doing, they're getting rid of all their Dmen"

(Habs trade for Dman)

"What are the Habs doing trading for a Dman???!!!"

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
To Vegas:
A. Emelin
5th

To Montreal:
Schlemko
2M cap space
Keep Hudon, Davidson & DLR

EXACTLY! Sheer genius. Schlemko is a solid dman. More reliable and diverse than Emelin at half the cost with term.

Schlemko-Benn is a legit fearsome 3rd pairing.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Yea seriously wtf is that!!!

Omg we have an incompetent as president and as manager

Omg

We are trying to fill the hole left in the subban deal and now with emelin and bealieu that hole became a crater to fill. We trade 2 top 5 and we go out to get a player the sharks didn't want vegas didn't want. Omg

If you think we're going to get a Subban in some sort of trade, I'd set expectations lower. We're developing a defense that suits our style. It's a D by committee with the first pair loggin the most minutes.

I do not mind have 2 Jordie Benns on D. They're (Benn/Schlemko) also not as similar as is suggested. Would Leddy be great here? For sure. But the cost is too high IMO, and we already look like we're turning things around quickly -- way better than I anticipated. If Galchenyuk becomes the player I believe he is (I
mean overall; I already think he is underrated offensively by half this board), we are in good shape.

Now, just re-sign our own players, including Radulov.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Markov - Schlemko - Jerabek as LD?

Honestly ahving a motley crew back there doesn't bother me with Price in net. The team/Price need goal support.

A Galchenyuk for LD doesn't address the need this team has.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He can log alot of ice time, but being on a 2nd pairing, maybe even a 3rd suits him best. Not a top pairing guy.

Weber makes his partners better, if this guy really skates like I hear and has some offense in him I wouldn't be surprised if they gambled on this guy...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad