Confirmed with Link: Habs acquire David Schlemko for 2019 5th rounder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No chance it's Eriksson Ek IMO. There could be a plus but it'll probably be fairly underwhelming. Think...Jason Zucker.

I don't think Galchenyuk has as much value among GM as Habs fans think he does. Just a hunch. Whatever we get back for him is going to be a let down.

I tend to agree with you but maybe if we added a 2nd round pick, that might work, what do you think?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No chance it's Eriksson Ek IMO. There could be a plus but it'll probably be fairly underwhelming. Think...Jason Zucker.

I don't think Galchenyuk has as much value among GM as Habs fans think he does. Just a hunch. Whatever we get back for him is going to be a let down.

That's funny, Dreger just said the opposite

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Good bottom pairing defenseman for very little. Nothing to complain about this deal at all. So basically we lost Emelin and replaced him with a defenseman with much less cap for only a 5th.

We already had 2 options to play this role though and both were cheaper. Davidson and Jerabek. Now we have 3 options. Is 3 options for 3rd pairing LHD really a necessity? We are still lacking what we really need. 1st line center and 1st pairing LHD. We need all the cap hit we can have to solve those issues.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Emelin spent half the season with weber and still ended up having a horrible season.

Schlemko is miles better then emelin. youll see it with your own eyes.

saves 2m1 too

apexpredator

Jul 30, 2016
playing around with capfriendly.. seems like we have about 3 million to get us a top 4 LHD. that is barring any significant trades like trading chucky, no resigning radu and markov.

XrmA14E.jpg

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wonder if Bergevin has other moves to make with Vegas ie Nate Scmidt

Nate Schmidt is a younger Schlemko, not a top pairing guy either. I don't see us going for bottom pairing guys at this point.

If we acquire a D, it'll be someone Habs brass feels can play with Weber.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Other GMs, mainly, where skill increasingly takes a backseat to intangibles and defensive play and truculence...

But also probably a little about Galchenyuk too. When two different coaches are down on you despite your obvious skill, it's usually not for nothing.

All this is nothing more than my hunch/feel for the situation.

Fair enough...personally, I think Bergevin is more attached to his 1st ever draft pick than fans think, I persist to think signing him to a contract extension is the priority.

And honestly, I think the player could use a kick in the pants...perhaps all these trade rumors will do just that.

Galchenyuk LOVES playing in Montreal

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Fair enough...personally, I think Bergevin is more attached to his 1st ever draft pick than fans think, I persist to think signing him to a contract extension is the priority.

And honestly, I think the player could use a kick in the pants...perhaps all these trade rumors will do just that.

There's no smoke without fire, by all accounts, he's getting traded.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Analytics say 1st pairing D, obviously I don't buy into them that much but it's still nice to see.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hey I sure hope I'm wrong. He's certainly more connected than me.

Just heard it this morning.....seems other GMs value him and why wouldn't they....he's stil a top 2 scorer from his draft and has a 30 goal season under his belt. :)

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

I concur, great points all around.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Good deal. Minor. But good. Always liked Schlemko.

MB has to get out of the bargainbin now and do something about that center line.

Uwey

Jun 10, 2006
Lunenburg, NS
We already had 2 options to play this role though and both were cheaper. Davidson and Jerabek. Now we have 3 options. Is 3 options for 3rd pairing LHD really a necessity? We are still lacking what we really need. 1st line center and 1st pairing LHD. We need all the cap hit we can have to solve those issues.

Exactly!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad