Post-Game Talk: Hab no blues tonight. Canadiens win in Montreal.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Odd man rushes - huge cause for concern in tonights game
Mostly caused by Ds activating and no forward taking their spot. Should get fixed eventually. Well mostly fixed.

Are special teams are tops!! Call me crazy but is it possible we have good coaching??
Going by what I read this week around this forum: when the players are playing bad it's because the coaching is bad. When players are playing good, coaching is overrated and it's just talent at work.

Last week it was a vet RHD.

This week:

Next week: an ex-NHL head coach to act as assistant coach?
I saw some stuff that Hughes was looking for a vet NHL goalie. :sarcasm:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Are special teams are tops!! Call me crazy but is it possible we have good coaching??

Pk has improved tremendously over last year. It's not nearly as passive. Evans & Armia have been really good.

PK: #3. PP #11.

Improving both was a necessity.

With Laine & Slafkovsky our offense really should be much improved.

D is definitely a work in progress.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Xhekaj was pretty decent tonight. He made a couple bad plays but overall he had a significantly better performance than his previous games.

Mailloux needs to be sent down, he's not making plays that should be more or less routine at this level. Not ready yet.

Dach was pretty good. Still forcing some plays but this game is something he can build off of.

Jul 6, 2016
Xhekaj was pretty decent tonight. He made a couple bad plays but overall he had a significantly better performance than his previous games.

Mailloux needs to be sent down, he's not making plays that should be more or less routine at this level. Not ready yet.

Dach was pretty good. Still forcing some plays but this game is something he can build off of.
He will as soon as Guhle and Barron are back

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It was honestly a great game by the team. They put on a clinic in the first period and looked like the Panthers with the hybrid system.

The first goal was just pure genetic advantage by Parayko. But the second goal was pure ass by Matheson, who otherwise played a good game. Really liked Struble, Hutson and Xhekaj tonight. Savard looked like himself. I also like Dach on that first line quite a bit. Dvorak played really well, but I find Heineman deserves a better chance. Kapanen is definitely an NHLer long term. Hes one of the best players at cutting to the net. Im hoping Anderson isn't seriously injured either as that line has actually been very good, with Evans leading the charge. Hope this is more of what we'll see this year.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
PgWlvLY.gif
Classic!

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Clearly o r of our better game even Dvorak seem to have a lot of jump in is step.

Evans has been one of our best player since the start of the year, he might end up being too valuable not to trade…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad