Guy Boucher Not Returning to the Leafs as Assistant Coach

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Not sure what I think of this news. I am not sure whether it is him as a coach or whether he has had some bad teams (Tampa Bay excepted). Do you think he deserves another head coaching gig in the NHL?

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Berube wants to put his team together. I’m sure Boucher will get another chance. If he was good enough he’d be an NHL head coach right now

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Boucher was solid in Ottawa at the start but I think he eventually lost the room - and he never had a good team to begin with honestly. He's good with structure and identity. I'd say he'd be a good fit on a team like Buffalo (just an example).

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
He looks like someone I want coaching which is a bad sign, ugly/geek coaches (Bowman/Cooper/Trotz) tend to be pretty GOATed, whereas hot/sexy/dangerous studs like Bouch/Gretz/Melrose tend to suck

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
k7mu.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 93gilmour93

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
He wasn't the sole reason the powerplay turned to total rust (it was fine in the earlier half of the season), but he wears part of it. More than anything, I think it's just pretty natural for Berube to want his own people in place.

It's also possible he's aware he won't get to "move up" into a head coaching position in Toronto, whereas I suppose that possibility is still out there in another market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad