Rumor: Guentzel's rights available for a mid-round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
As a Canes fan, I was hoping they'd try and get something worked out. I imagine he's seeing serious dollar signs from teams that have a ton of cap space. Canes have space, but not for something over 10 mil x 7rs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As a Hawks fan, I'd rather they not throw a bunch of money at him. We are nowhere close to being competitive again and hes going to be 30 when next season starts. No thanks.

I am fine with throwing a bunch of $ at him

Just not term

3-4 years overpaid = Sure
5-7 years = Hell no!

Rather see them try to bring back Teravainen

Reactions: Voight

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If he wants the big bucks, go to Chicago. Tons of space and they could really use him riding shotgun with Bedard but your chances of winning anytime soon are near zilch.

I think he ends up going to Nashville honestly.

Reactions: Sidgeni Malkby

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I wonder if Carolina would be willing to facilitate a sign-and-trade so the acquiring team can tack-on the 8th year.

If I recall, that is what NJD and CBJ did with Damon Severson when he was a pending UFA. They got a 3rd round pick for that.

Why would a team want an 8th year for a 30 year old?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
No Guentzel, Teravainen, or Necas back next year. Very curious to see what the Canes are planning with their forwards cause that just leaves Aho, Svech, and Jarvis as top 6 guys.
I suppose the current iteration of the Canes wasn’t getting it done in the playoffs so why not change some things. As a Canes’ fan though, I’m not sure I expected this potential amount of change.

I do think with Guentzel gone, it’s likely they end up keeping Necas, unless they get a comparable forward back in a trade, but who is giving up that? Zegras seems to be the only comparable forward potentially available, but not sure the Canes would be interested. You’d also have to have the Ducks on board and willing to pay Necas what he wants, unlikely. And then, you’d have to reconcile Zegras’ style with Brind’Amour’s…ew

Then on top of Necas and Guentzel, you have all their other UFAs and oh by the way, your GM just left too.

To say I’m intrigued by what the heck they’re good to end up doing is an understatement

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised if this is Vegas. They may want to upgrade RW1, but still be able to circle back to Marchessault last minute.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Pagnotta was on NHL radio this morning and said he's heard Guentzel wants to hit July 1 because he wants to play for a winner. He could return to Carolina, but wants to evaluate his options. DP said Guentzel's going to be going to teams and saying "On a 7 year contract, how many of those 7 years will we be a contender?"

Wouldn't be surprised if this is Vegas. They may want to upgrade RW1, but still be able to circle back to Marchessault last minute.
I've had a feeling Guentzel would end up in Vegas going back to the deadline. I dunno why. No idea how yall make it all fit under the cap

Reactions: Devonator and DaveG

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Honestly curious where he lands. I keep hearing Vancouver, but I don't see the fit, need, or space. So that means it's probably happening.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad