Kings News: Grundstrom Traded to SJ for Kyle Burroughs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
just an insurance policy that can be buried in the minors for no cost if not claimed on waivers.

Perfect 7th Dman as he plays both right and left defence, doesn't cost a lot, wont have his development stalled if sitting in the pressbox, can play the PK, hits and gets in the odd fight. A major upgrade over last years option for a $300,000 salary increase. I like Moverare but I would rather have the gritty Burroughs.

Grundy was getting expensive. I liked him when he was on and hope he has a great carrier, but for every couple weeks of hot play seemed to be followed by him going darker then a sleeper agent for a month at a time. It will be interesting to see what he signs for in San Jose. I wonder if Blake pivots to a guy like Jeannot. Sounds like TB is trying to shed salary and this beast is exactly what we need,

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It's always fun to play in fantasy land, thinking Zadorov will come to LA, Chychrun, etc.

But in reality we'll likely roll out this next season:

Anderson/Doughty
Gavrikov/Clarke
Englund/Spence
*Burroughs

And that is absolute dog shit.
Losing Roy hurts no doubt but I thought Spence made huge strides defensively and I could see him in a top 4 role and do not have an issue with that top 6.
My issue was LA not dealing Roy at the deadline. But i need to get over it.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Losing Roy hurts no doubt but I thought Spence made huge strides defensively and I could see him in a top 4 role and do not have an issue with that top 6.
My issue was LA not dealing Roy at the deadline. But i need to get over it.

I thought so too and he's had that "Faber" habit of exponential growth into his roles if not at the same level

the other thing is it's not an additive thing--like removing Roy doesn't necessarily mean you get that much worse defensively. I'm a big fan of his but it's not like adding a 2nd defensive dman to a pair makes them that much better on the d side. Roy and Gavy had a term as one of the best dpairs in the NHL so I don't want to downplay that but as each guy got banged upa bit they dipped in form. I do think giving Gavy a more dynamic guy in Clarke or Spence will actually make it a more balanced, agile pairing.

Edit: ESPECIALLY since it was basically two shutdown pairings in those two and Doughty-Anderson.

Last edited:
Reactions: funky

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
8 guys, 2 who can move a puck. Guess which six play.

Exactly

Hence the above

Anytime I see the criticism well it's not like he'll play anyway it's just depth insurance

Its like are you and I watching the same franchise?

They play by age>experience>defense>offense

If you're a less than 25 year old scorer, you are absolutely buttf***ed in this organization, and there is VERY little evidence to the contrary. Byfield is really it, right?

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Well, right now, this looks like a great move. He'll be getting more minutes with Drew out.
1000016338.jpg

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
It sucks that we have to cash in an insurance policy before the season even starts. Thought he would be the perfect number seven on this team when we acquired him didn’t think we’d be thrusting him into Top pairing minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad