Kings News: Grundstrom Traded to SJ for Kyle Burroughs

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Walked over to the local coffee shop at lunch and looked up his hits on YouTube and some of the fights.

Again, don't know if he is on the NHL roster but the kid has the exact mindset this team lacks throughout nearly the entire lineup.

If you look at him compared to Englund, 29 takeaways and 20 giveaways for KB with Englund only having 8 takeaways with 22 giveaways. Burroughs with 19 minutes a game v. Englund's 13, but Englund played all 82 with Burroughs playing 73.

He would have been third on LA last year in blocked shots behind Roy and Doughty with 134. Roy was 7th in the NHL in blocks and way ahead of any other King so they are missing that element moving forward. Englund had 87.

I don't think he blocks Clarke. Battle between him and Englund. Spence might be part of a deal though which would remove two RHD with Roy gone.
The more I think about it and read into it, I think you're right on it being a battle between Englund and Burroughs, hopefully for 7th dman. Sounds like Burroughs plays both right and left, which would make him a much more suitable 7th D over Englund. I can't see them bringing him in and getting rid of both Roy and Spence bc there would be no NHL caliber RHD left in the org in case of injury, and the Kings typically like to have options there.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I have no idea who this player is, but that’s par for the course with Rubbish Rob at the helm. Looks like he is 29 years old and the fourth highest paid defender signed for next season as of today.

This feels like a half ass move to replace the soon to depart Roy, another 7th round pick, though not as far back as 2013. But this guy is massively worse. Yet somehow the Kings are on the hook for the contract for two more seasons.

The Muzzin trade netted us Grundstrom, Durzi and Bjornfot. Today, the final turd was flushed down the toilet. Great job Blakey. Can’t wait to see what Luc gives you at the XMas party.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Another move by Shit-for-Brains Blake that's underwhelming can someone tell Robbie that this isn't the 1990's...Grundstrom for Burroughs and what a 3rd rounder or something for f***s sake,,,the Kings better be having him for Ontario cause he doesn't fit anywhere and was a 7-8 D-man in Van and who knows what on the sad sake 2023-24 Sharks the worst team in the League and LA's get one of their D-man take f***ing hike idiotbore Blake

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
This Off-season has been a Barn Burner thus far!!! I wonder how long before Uncle Phil figures that Blake is real Buffoon...it should be quite apparent right?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Clifford was a killer for a long time before getting dropped by reaves. He would leave himself open but was one scary MF
I've had scarier nights getting food poisoning from taco bell back in the day.

Clifford was good for a very short stint but who would have guessed letting other fighters use your face as a speedbag would put his career in the blender.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Based on what? +/- on a bad sharks team?
It's another example of the fact that most of us don't really know much about other teams other than the small glimpses we get when they play our team. Sure, everyone knows guys like McDavid are special...but depth guys? No clue at all. We don't watch them enough to make any real call on their abilities. Instead we quickly glance at their stats and infer from that.

Jun 30, 2006
1719524038698.gif

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’m far from excited by the trade. But he was traded for a player that has struggled to put more than a couple of games together at a time. Many on here wanted him gone and yet we seem surprised he wasn’t worth more.

It feels like a move to clear space in the bottom 6, plus gives Grundstrom the chance of a bigger role as SJ are rebuilding. The contract we have taken back can be buried in the minors, so the term commitment is irrelevant.

I’m not excited by it but I’m not bothered either. The stress on here is borderline hysterical. There’s plenty of real issues to bitch about.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Seems the consensus is no big loss with Carl being shipped out for scraps. I guess it’s ok that his cap hit was $1.3M and he was part of the Muzzin trade. Shows you how little hardcore kings fans expect from management. The ability to suck down excuses and failures is truly astonishing.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Love ya, Ziggy, but not sure how this comment is hepful.
Judging by some reactions, it seems as though the Kings lost a valuable asset in Carl Grundstrom.

People have been clamoring for the Kings to rid themselves of deadweight and make room for the kids. They re-signed a bunch of them recently and seem to be on that path, but we still see smatterings of people bickering about the Kings getting rid of dead weight.

So what the hell should they be doing? And this is coming from someone who is indifferent about this management group.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Blake has the opportunity to reshuffle his bottom six and #4-7 defensemen from last year. I doubt this is the last change, so I consider it a work on progress.

That being said, the problems here are that the top 6, #1-3 defensemen and goaltending are the biggest issues preventing success AND growth. Bad mix of ancient sacred cows, hired pop guns, and under developed youth bogging down the few quality players in their primes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad