Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Man I need Aman off this team. He’s like a poor man’s Louis Eriksson. Skates around fast, doesn’t hit, fight, shoot, score, take good faceoffs or really do anything well. Would 10/10 times prefer Bains, Raty or just about anyone placed on waivers who can forward skate.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Man I need Aman off this team. He’s like a poor man’s Louis Eriksson. Skates around fast, doesn’t hit, fight, shoot, score, take good faceoffs or really do anything well. Would 10/10 times prefer Bains, Raty or just about anyone placed on waivers who can forward skate.

The one thing he's good at is causing the other team to also do nothing when he's on the ice.

He's just an extremely low-event player both ways who you can insert onto the 4th line and know he'll play the system and gum up the works for the opponent and won't hurt you.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
The one thing he's good at is causing the other team to also do nothing when he's on the ice.

He's just an extremely low-event player both ways who you can insert onto the 4th line and know he'll play the system and gum up the works for the opponent and won't hurt you.
I wouldn’t even call him low event. More like no-event cause he deadass doesn’t do shit. It’s like watching a silhouette skating.

IMG_6700.png

IMG_6698.jpeg

Can you spot the difference because I can’t when I watch him play.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn’t even call him low event. More like no-event cause he deadass doesn’t do shit. It’s like watching a silhouette skating.

View attachment 911752

View attachment 911753

Can you spot the difference because I can’t when I watch him play.

But again, he does do something. He plays good positional defense and understands systems and makes it hard for the opposition to score.

There's a place for guys like this on NHL rosters as a 13th forward or whatever that you can stick in and he won't hurt you. The question is whether there's room for this player on this team as it's built right now.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
You watch Aman forecheck and he fills the lane correctly every time and he's lanky and fast and it's disruptive. And he kills penalties. And he plays the position you want your 13th forward to play. Was a weak preseason for him up until his most recent game, but you know exactly what you're getting with him.

I had him pencilled in as my 13th F going into the season. Seems like he's going to remain in that role.

Reactions: Vector

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
1. So stoked that Digiuseppe cleared. I really thought he was going to get claimed today. Great utility player to have for depth in this lineup that is deep in Forwards. He will be back with the Canucks shortly.

2. Sucks that Patera got claimed, but there was already a log jam in the crease. With Lankinen recently signing it made Patera expendable. Already have Demko, Silovs, Lankinen and Tolopilo ahead of him on the depth chart, so this one didn't hurt.

3. I really like Aman as a 4th line or depth forward. Although he isn't flashy he is very good at keeping the opposition at bay in the neutral zone. Aman is a very good penalty killer and does the little things well.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Aw man, sucks to lose Patera just for the sole purpose that I now don’t get to use all of my Pantera related puns with him in our system.

Boston must be F**king Hostile at Swayman to make that move and I bet his agent wants 5 Minutes Alone with Neely. I don’t think they can afford to let him Walk though.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Do you want a 4th line that gets lit up for 8 minutes a night, or a 4th line that has no impact on the game for 8 minutes. Aman achieves the latter. Not every player needs to be exciting.
i think the thing Aman needs to really work on and has a realistic chance on getting better is faceoffs. If he is like a faceoff ace then it will be really hard to not have him on the roster. Yes he can PK but how effective is he really if he can't be that PK center.

Reactions: Vector

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I've always liked Aman as a serviceable 4th liner but I've noticed he's got to play to be effective and he's started off weak in pre-season before. He always looks like if he could just take a step forward offensively he'd make a solid pro - but hasn't been able to do that (yet). But I've seen him make plays and show some hands here and there.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Aw man, sucks to lose Patera just for the sole purpose that I now don’t get to use all of my Pantera related puns with him in our system.

Boston must be F**king Hostile at Swayman to make that move and I bet his agent wants 5 Minutes Alone with Neely. I don’t think they can afford to let him Walk though.

I mean, that would probably not end well for the agent.

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
Aman has basically planted himself as a 4th line c/13th forward in the league. You want better than him because he's so plain but coaches can trust him as he plays a really simple game. He's fine until there's a very obvious upgrade.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
1. So stoked that Digiuseppe cleared. I really thought he was going to get claimed today. Great utility player to have for depth in this lineup that is deep in Forwards. He will be back with the Canucks shortly.

2. Sucks that Patera got claimed, but there was already a log jam in the crease. With Lankinen recently signing it made Patera expendable. Already have Demko, Silovs, Lankinen and Tolopilo ahead of him on the depth chart, so this one didn't hurt.

3. I really like Aman as a 4th line or depth forward. Although he isn't flashy he is very good at keeping the opposition at bay in the neutral zone. Aman is a very good penalty killer and does the little things well.
A total of 28 players went on waivers around the league yesterday, and Patera was the only guy claimed. And I doubt the Bruins would have touched him, if they weren't locked into a contract dispute with Jeremy Swayman.

There was almost 'zero chance' that Di Giuseppe would ever be claimed. And I seriously doubt Aman would be claimed either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad