Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Suter, Blueger, Sprong, Sherwood and now Lankinen, all great contracts and a low cost. Not only are these the types of contracts that help win cups, but it also shows that the city of Vancouver turned back into a "Destination" for hockey players. I gotta admit, Allvin, Rutherford and Tochett have really done a admirable job at turning this sinking ship around.

Just need a healthy Demko, but this 24/25 Canucks roster has amazing depth at all positions.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Suter, Blueger, Sprong, Sherwood and now Lankinen, all great contracts and a low cost. Not only are these the types of contracts that help win cups, but it also shows that the city of Vancouver turned back into a "Destination" for hockey players. I gotta admit, Allvin, Rutherford and Tochett have really done a admirable job at turning this sinking ship around.

Just need a healthy Demko, but this 24/25 Canucks roster has amazing depth at all positions.

Organization is likeable from the top-down. If I'm going to give Aquilini credit it's his persistent work in getting JR. It started with him.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Organization is likeable from the top-down. If I'm going to give Aquilini credit it's his persistent work in getting JR. It started with him.
Actually, I give Aquilini almost 'zero' credit for hiring Rutherford.....Entering the 2021 season, he'd already re-signed Jim Benning to a three year deal; who then turned around and re-upped Green on a new three year deal. Then with the season barely two months old, he was forced to fire both of them and eat the contracts.

When he finally turned to Rutherford, the franchise had bottomed out. So he finally did what he should have done years ago--hire a competent, experienced hockey executive, and then get out of his way. It's no co-incidence that these days you hear absolutely nothing from the owner....his mike has gone silent. And that, more than anything, is the reason the Canucks are on the ascendancy.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong

I'd give you amazing depth in all positions.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Actually, I give Aquilini almost 'zero' credit for hiring Rutherford.....Entering the 2021 season, he'd already re-signed Jim Benning to a three year deal; who then turned around and re-upped Green on a new three year deal. Then with the season barely two months old, he was forced to fire both of them and eat the contracts.

When he finally turned to Rutherford, the franchise had bottomed out. So he finally did what he should have done years ago--hire a competent, experienced hockey executive, and then get out of his way. It's no co-incidence that these days you hear absolutely nothing from the owner....his mike has gone silent. And that, more than anything, is the reason the Canucks are on the ascendancy.

I agree, no credit shall be given to the blueberry boi.

It took him 8 years and near hundred of millions wasted in order to realise the damage he's done. If it were any other person hired at this position he'd be fired a long time ago.

Guy is just a beneficiary of nepotism, which is totally fine. You cant decide to be born smart and competent, its just genetic lottery,
But he really shouldve kept his finger off the team a long time ago.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad