Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Offer Sheets?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Please move the media talk to the media thread. :)

Regarding the goalie situation, there is a good chance they see a goalie they like that will be exposed to waivers in a few weeks. No reason not to play hardball with Lankinen if they know they can get a decent goalie option for free.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
Not sure if this was covered here already but: according to an interview in Ilta-sanomat, Antti Raanta is unlikely to play in north america next season unless there's a backup role in NHL, and prefers a more steady situation for him and his family in Europe over 3rd string call-up at this stage of his career. Canucks offered PTO and he refused that straight up even after Torenius and Allvin tried to coax him over a lengthy zoom call.

Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
I think Blueger is a crucial part of our team and a very effective player, but ideally he'd be our 4C and we have someone with a bit more offensive ability playing with Joshua-Garland. He's probably capable of playing well enough to be fine there though.
Protas, but we would have to empty a year of draft picks for that one

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think Blueger is a crucial part of our team and a very effective player, but ideally he'd be our 4C and we have someone with a bit more offensive ability playing with Joshua-Garland. He's probably capable of playing well enough to be fine there though.
It's one of the big reasons that both Raty and Sasson will get lengthy looks at training camp. If one of them can step up their game and rightfully claim that third line center position, it would be huge for this organization.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
It would be Brendan Batchelor and Randip Janda or whoever is working with him. It's not like J Pat or Matt Sekeres would be hopping on the plane.

Yeah, sure not as bad but if you just eliminate all the assholes together, there are no assholes left. No one left to f#^k up the team you built. I completely agree with this decision, the Canucks media is absolutely toxic and detrimental to the team in every way. Not like other sports cities where they support the team to the bitter end.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Yeah, sure not as bad but if you just eliminate all the assholes together, there are no assholes left. No one left to f#^k up the team you built. I completely agree with this decision, the Canucks media is absolutely toxic and detrimental to the team in every way. Not like other sports cities where they support the team to the bitter end.
I gotta disagree there.

Not about the flights because who cares, but when everyone in the media is a fan boy, it just becomes s waste of time.

You watch a team like the leafs in the middle of a losing streak and the media asking O'Keefe about his golf game or suit he's wearing. Like what value is there in that?

People can hate on guys like Drance, Paterson, (I don't know why) or the far end of the spectrum, say Sekeres and Price. But I'd rather have their work then the softball questions nothing is wrong everyone is happy media.

And if the media is able to "f*** up" the team you built... well I don't think you did a very good job building the team in the first place.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
It's one of the big reasons that both Raty and Sasson will get lengthy looks at training camp. If one of them can step up their game and rightfully claim that third line center position, it would be huge for this organization.

Blueger is way better than those guys. I think it would be a step back for the organization if anything. Let them develop, don't place huge expectations on them that that they can't achieve and we don't even need. We have one of the best third lines in hockey lol.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I gotta disagree there.

Not about the flights because who cares, but when everyone in the media is a fan boy, it just becomes s waste of time.

You watch a team like the leafs in the middle of a losing streak and the media asking O'Keefe about his golf game or suit he's wearing. Like what value is there in that?

People can hate on guys like Drance, Paterson, (I don't know why) or the far end of the spectrum, say Sekeres and Price. But I'd rather have their work then the softball questions nothing is wrong everyone is happy media.

And if the media is able to "f*** up" the team you built... well I don't think you did a very good job building the team in the first place.

Fair enough we can disagree on this one (really enjoy you as a poster though) ... I kind of get where you are coming from but I'm a purest as well. I liked a time where reporters wrote real articles with real content which provoked real understanding of the sport. People that took the time to really uncover pertinent information, create meaningful analysis, and only put pen to paper when they had something worthwhile to say. Not just regurgitating hate and likes and calling players out for soundbites.

I would love honest and hard questions but we see none of that here imo. All we see is people piling on calling Petterson a waste, Myers a bum, Miller a spaz, or whatever the flavor of ridicule is that day. I find most of these reporters know less about hockey than the average poster here. Probably get a lot of their content and questions on sites like this one.

I agree the media shouldn't crater a team but wow is there ever a difference in some places where you can tell the media are die hard fans of the club on top of being ultra critical. They certainly don't make it easy here with a team that is fighting to win it's first Stanley Cup. For me, they've been such a thorn in the side and make it hard on the team to win. I would just cut it out completely which is what Rutherford has done. Ultimately you're right though, a championship team must be able to handle a little criticism from within.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
Any idea of what Lankinen's AAV ask is? $1.5M?

What is the price to move Poolman? Do we know if it's insured - if so the lower real cash should make it easier to move, no? Move him with a 4th/5th round pick somewhere and sign Lankinen? Sorry if this has been discussed 10 pages ago

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

What is the price to move Poolman? Do we know if it's insured - if so the lower real cash should make it easier to move, no? Move him with a 4th/5th round pick somewhere and sign Lankinen? Sorry if this has been discussed 10 pages ago

No real idea on Lankinen but 1.5m is probably in the ballpark. Canucks have offered sub 1m.

The ask from teams for Poolman right now is probably a 1st but everyone knows that’s not the reality. He probably settles out as another 2nd or a couple of 3rds.

Reactions: Buttonwood

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
Knowing the way Vancouver media operates and how NHL players hate attention, I'm cool with JR's policy.

Yeah, we're talking Sports Media, not real reporters. Their only real role is to generate clicks and feed into the men's soap opera that is professional sports. Keeping those jags away from the team is fine by me.

If a real investigative reporter like, say, Rick Westhead gets involved, then there's a probably an actual News story in the offing... and heads are going to roll.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, we're talking Sports Media, not real reporters. Their only real role is to generate clicks and feed into the men's soap opera that is professional sports. Keeping those jags away from the team is fine by me.

If a real investigative reporter like, say, Rick Westhead gets involved, then there's a probably an actual News story in the offing... and heads are going to roll.
Van sports media f***ing suck shit. They didn’t say shit when Benning was running the team for like 8 years. f*** them

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Dhaliwal said the other day it’s “under $2M” so it’s gonna be $1M AAV and change.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

6. ...(I always admired Brendan Morrison for not losing his mind when the NHL’s lawyer called him the mouse to Todd Bertuzzi’s elephant.)...

9. Dylan Ferguson’s PTO in Vancouver ensures the Canucks have enough goalies for the pre-season. There’s still a dance with Kevin Lankinen, but the two sides are not in agreement on compensation.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

-Ferguson PTO is a move to make sure they have enough goalies at training camp in-case Demko can't make camp
-does not affect willingness to get Kevin Lankinen
-can't agree with Lankinen on the money
-thinks that Demko is going to be out longer than they expected

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad