Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Offer Sheets?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
they're probably waiting to see what the nhl ruling on the gaudreau situation is. every september they've been able to dump a big contract with a pick, so i assume they've got a deal lined up.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hats off to the playoff warriors, you will not be forgotten.

Playoff performance rankings..

1. Miller
2. Boeser
3. Garland
4. Lindholm
5. Zadorov
7. Myers
8. Soucy
9. Joshua
10. Suter
11. Silovs
12. Hughes

12. Blueger
13. Hronek
14. Hoglander
15. Di Giuseppe
16. Pettersson
17. Cole
18. Aman
19. Lafferty
20. Mikheyev

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

1. Miller
2. Boeser
3. Garland
4. Lindholm
5. Zadorov
7. Myers
8. Soucy
9. Joshua
10. Suter
11. Silovs
12. Hughes

12. Blueger
13. Hronek
14. Hoglander
15. Di Giuseppe
16. Pettersson
17. Cole
18. Aman
19. Lafferty
20. Mikheyev
I don’t have an issue with your first statement but I’m not sure what purpose it serves typing out the same list over and over again periodically over a span of 3.5 months. And that’s a bad list.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

1. Miller
2. Boeser
3. Garland
4. Lindholm
5. Zadorov
7. Myers
8. Soucy
9. Joshua
10. Suter
11. Silovs
12. Hughes

12. Blueger
13. Hronek
14. Hoglander
15. Di Giuseppe
16. Pettersson
17. Cole
18. Aman
19. Lafferty
20. Mikheyev
That’s certainly a list. Silovs with a .881 save percentage was a great story but he was not better than Hughes and others.

Reactions: racerjoe

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Friday?? You bet your ass we will be involved in many deals!

I have full trust in Professor Allvin.

giphy.webp

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Once again the Canucks are the NHL's version of Rodney Dangerfield--no respect. The Sportsnet Pacific Division preview is out, and they have the Canucks not only finishing behind Edmonton, but even behind Vegas.

In the writer's assessment, what the Canucks accomplished last season is 'unsustainable' and they're the major 'regression pick' around the entire NHL. But best the enter the season with a chip on your shoulder, I guess.

It's not as if the media 'talking heads' are never wrong.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Once again the Canucks are the NHL's version of Rodney Dangerfield--no respect. The Sportsnet Pacific Division preview is out, and they have the Canucks not only finishing behind Edmonton, but even behind Vegas.

In the writer's assessment, what the Canucks accomplished last season is 'unsustainable' and they're the major 'regression pick' around the entire NHL. But best the enter the season with a chip on your shoulder, I guess.

It's going to be really interesting to see the PDO vs Tocchet system battle play out. IIRC Data models that track actual possession of the puck had the Canucks as a top 5 team at 5v5 in offensive zone puck possession, Tocchet coached the team to hold onto pucks instead of firing shots so in theory that should lead to a higher sh% assuming the team held onto pucks for higher quality shots(traffic in front). This also meant less rushed shots when entering the zone so there would be fewer pond hockey moments where the other team could counter attack.

But the one thing the data models did point out is that the Canucks had one of the lowest shot attempts per game off the rush amongst all NHL teams but did score on a very high% of them when they got them so I do think we'll see some real regression there unless Tocchet is willing to give players more of a green light to shoot off the rush, but that could be a double edged sword since we could see more rushes against as well.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

it's ok, we'll prove them wrong and then shove it up their ass and remind them about it.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
it's ok, we'll prove them wrong and then shove it up their ass and remind them about it.
Actually, my 'regression pick' in the Pacific is the vaunted Oilers. Looking like they might have to start the season without Kane and Nurse.

After losing Ceci, Desharnais and Broberg, their blueline is 'paper-thin'. And up front, they've replaced McLeod, Holloway and Fogel with Arvidsson and Skinner. They might bring a little more offense to the table, but they they're definitely slower and smaller.

There's a good chance Spector will be pulling out his hair again to start another season in Edmonton.

Reactions: arttk

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015

I really don’t think this is a terrible opinion they have the Canucks third. Not out of the realm of possibilities. There is clear top 3 in pacific division, and then everyone else. I don’t find this disrespectful. Putting the Canucks behind the Kraken and Kings would be disrespectful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad