Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Offer Sheets?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Realistically, the Demko news is news to us, not to management at all. I’m sure all of this is baked into their forecasts, and we will likely see a PTO goalie. I can’t see them blowing it up this year and acquiring an actual name like Askarov or Gibson or whoever - at least not for this year. If Demko was really cooked, we’d be seeing way more noise over this. Maybe he is, but we won’t know until we see how he holds up this year.

Sign Jones/Lankinen cowards

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'd be talking to Nashville regarding Askarov if I were the GM. To be hindered this badly without even the thought of returning to the ice is a huge red flag for Demko. Demmer really could be Cory Schneider 2.0.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Can't we take one of Dominik Hasek's legs and graft it onto Demko's body?

I mean, I've seen Domino's Pizza delivery guys using jet packs. Surely we have the technology at this point?

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
Even if he is healthy, the guy just can't handle a heavy workload. We need a good time sharing #2, which could be Silovs... but we probably need very good #3 as well, because Demko seems to be pretty much guaranteed to be up on blocks at some point in any given season.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
I'd be talking to Nashville regarding Askarov if I were the GM. To be hindered this badly without even the thought of returning to the ice is a huge red flag for Demko. Demmer really could be Cory Schneider 2.0.
Ya we are not really good with Russian players..Tocchet is not a fan of them.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If he’s still not NHL ready beyond his D+4 year then it was a bad pick at 11 OA and would be an absolute waste of value during this little competitive window that’s been seemingly pry’d open to wait on him. Why is that ridiculous?

Mind you I don’t think Willander will take that long and my post was under the context it takes 2 more years after his D+2.

What in your original post suggests you were talking "beyond D+4 year"?

If he's 2 years away from now then that means he'll be in the NHL after 3 seasons - 2 in college and 1 in the AHL. Assuming he keeps projecting well and jumps into the NHL ready to contribute, I don't see how that could be a disappointment.

He'd be starting his NHL career at 21 and could be a valuable if not excellent player for a decade+ after that. Unless you believe our window will be closed in 2 seasons from now.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
As long as Demko gets healthy at some point where he can play a good stretch off games before the playoffs. I don’t see the big deal. The team showed in the second half of last season they don’t need to rely on goaltending, the problem was scoring and the addressed that issue (hopefully).

Reactions: oceanchild

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Should have invested that money into making better Pizza
They tried. Couldn't be done.

1724207100870.png

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
What in your original post suggests you were talking "beyond D+4 year"?

If he's 2 years away from now then that means he'll be in the NHL after 3 seasons - 2 in college and 1 in the AHL. Assuming he keeps projecting well and jumps into the NHL ready to contribute, I don't see how that could be a disappointment.

He'd be starting his NHL career at 21 and could be a valuable if not excellent player for a decade+ after that. Unless you believe our window will be closed in 2 seasons from now.
He’s Bruno Caboclo.

2 years away from being 2 years away.

Funny enough, Bruno was really good for Brazil in the Olympics.

It just happened to be 10 years after being drafted.

But we don’t talk about Bruno.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
disappointing demko might not be ready to start the season but i'm not going to panic. Have a lot of faith in Silovs.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
disappointing demko might not be ready to start the season but i'm not going to panic. Have a lot of faith in Silovs.
Losing Demko for even the start of the season would be a setback, but look around the rest of the Pacific Division. Every team has a big question mark in goal; including the Oilers imo.

A tandem of Silovs and Tolopilo would be a fall-off from Demko; but are they really a whole lot worse than most of the other goalies in the Pacific?

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

-hearing that he is progressing but no timetable for when he'll be 100% healthy
-thinks that means the Canucks will poke around the goalie market
-mentions is a good time to talk to agents about PTO
-Canucks have been worried about Demko's rehab since the draft
-between the end of the Canucks' playoffs and the draft, Demko had not skated
-started talking to DeSmith around that time
-not hearing anything bad about Demko's rehab
-think Canucks are out there poking around the goalie market or a PTO
-were miles apart with DeSmith on a contract
-Dhaliwal has asked if Demko has had any medical procedures and gets "radio silence on the other end"
-just heard this week they are poking around the goalie market and making some calls
-maybe Demko's rehab is not going as fast as some would like

y brough co-hosting with captain quintin ?

Feb 19, 2018
With news out today about Demko it’s time we start looking for a 1a 1b type scenario and we should 100% be looking at Askarov out of Nashville. I know Silovs has performed well but Askarov has that “it” factor and should become a star netminder. He’s at the perfect age to work with Clark and we would have our Goaltending locked up relatively cheap for the foreseeable future.

Hoglander, our 1st/2nd round picks and Lekkerimaki should all be in play for this type of move. The Goalie has requested a trade and should have a little bit less value than normal.

Our management team has been very proactive in getting ahead of things so let’s hope this is another scenario where they plan on moving on from the often injured Demko.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Make a move for askarov, it fits the window and a demko replacement if he is ready.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I'm not convinced that the Canucks would be after Askarov but I imagine the price would be next year's 1st, not one of the big 2 prospects which at this point hold better than value than an expected mid-low 1st.

Their level of interest also depends on how high they are on Silovs internally. Like if Clark is convinced Silovs is the guy going forward then we really have no need to go after any big fish.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Any Canuck interest could be alarming. The indication could be Demko is done or close to it.
Schnides had similar issues to Demko, surgeries and he fell off a cliff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad