Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hockey Starts Now

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Canucks sent Bains & Brannstrom down, it’s likely just a cap move but Joshua & Forbort could be close to returning as well. Brannstrom has looked excellent in his 3 games, should be back up with the big club.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I'll go out of my way to say I often defensive of Vancouver media but I don't like Lalji at all. The Vancast replacing JPat with him was pure agony. Knowing his attitude towards professional athletes - where every perceived struggle or setback is a character issue with him - I feel uncomfortable knowing he coaches young people in football.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I'll go out of my way to say I often defensive of Vancouver media but I don't like Lalji at all. The Vancast replacing JPat with him was pure agony. Knowing his attitude towards professional athletes, I feel uncomfortable knowing he coaches young people in football.
Lalji is terrible, he is biased in a bad way and makes shit up all the time. The Vancast was shit with him on it.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Seravelli has no clue.
Why do they still call this guy.
Would a Pettersson for Cozens and Byram make sense for the framework of a deal. I think this would balance the lineup more and both players have high upsides and it would free up a bit of cap space (maybe Forbort also goes back).

I still think Petey rebounds and when he does I have a feeling he goes on a hot streak. But the D group isn’t going to take us to the promise land as configured.
Cozens hockey IQ leaves a little to be desired but no doubt he's a player that would thrive behind Miller in a better team culture and could be as valuable in a playoff run. He's always given me a little Trevor Linden vibes. Would be nice to see him in the playoffs and the value back is decent (love both players) but the huge issue is the elite talent drop off and who mans that side of the PP where Pettersson makes teams commit to stopping the one timer.
Maybe they find a way to add Kulich who has a canon from that side?

Love Ferraro.......Lalji creating drama....xxxx off

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
apparently there is a new media guy working canuck practices.

Detect_Ear__32182.1458926093.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: sting101

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Crazy how the media is trying to turn a non story into a story, they’re trying to put a wedge in the Canucks somehow, someway, it’s pathetic lol so many haters hoping for the fall of this very good and ascending Canucks team.

2 guys going hard at it in a drill is just healthy competition. It’s what sports is all about. A buddy and I got into it during a practice in a men’s basketball league, we went for beers after and are good friends. This is sports lol good job by Ferraro calling out Lallji

Last edited:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Crazy how the mainstream media (mostly coming from Toronto) is trying to turn a non story into a story, they’re desperately trying to put a wedge in the Canucks somehow, someway, it’s pathetic lol so many haters hoping for the fall of this very good upcoming Canucks team.

2 guys going hard at it in a drill is just healthy competition. It’s what sports is all about. A buddy and I got into it during a practice in a men’s basketball league, we went for beers after and are good friends. This is sports lol good job by Ferraro calling out Lallji
who is from toronto? these are all local guys talking about this. Laji, Taylor, Dhaliwal, JPat.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Chad Ruhwedel on waivers. This was a depth defender I expected us to sign on July 1st with the Pittsburgh connection. We don’t NEED him but I wouldn’t mind a Juulsen swap or bump down the depth chart.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Ferraro >>
Exactly, the media these days are ridiculous. None of them have probably ever played any competitive sports at a high level and have no clue what goes on behind the scenes. Add to that the "hurt feelings" mentality of today and this is the garbage you get.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This "Incident", if you can even call it that, to me it doesn't really matter. In a highly competitive highly physical sport, two teammates getting a little rough on each other during practice, big deal. It would've been a total nothing burger if this happened in CBJ or MIN. These moronic urinalists are just stirring up the pot for clicks and clout, nothing more.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Crazy how the media is trying to turn a non story into a story, they’re trying to put a wedge in the Canucks somehow, someway, it’s pathetic lol so many haters hoping for the fall of this very good and ascending Canucks team.

I mean, given the context of Pettersson's play, this isn't a non-story.

However, I think it's f***ing fantastic. If Pettersson is actually getting in there and mixing it up with teammates and having emotions, brilliant. That's what needs to happen. Last year a teammate probably could have taken a shit on top of his head and he would have just kept staring off into space.

Reactions: Hooz and valkynax

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Canucks want hard and intense practices by design, so this is a natural outcome of that. Next time it will Hughes and Myers or something.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Yep i fought my best friend in practice. Took a couple weeks but we were back to best of friends by then. We laughed about it for years. In the end we concluded we're just fiery competitors and it was a good thing. Also knew you could count on each other to watch each others backs.

Last year was Garland vs Joshua

Lalji is an idiot for adding the "baby" quote......what a tool. Takes it to another level when you make those comments public

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Said it last year we should have made a move for Jake Christiansen. Was on waivers at the end of camp. Kid is looking good for Columbus. Low maintenance puck mover skates well decent enough size.

Reactions: Vector and MS

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Why do they still call this guy.

Cozens hockey IQ leaves a little to be desired but no doubt he's a player that would thrive behind Miller in a better team culture and could be as valuable in a playoff run. He's always given me a little Trevor Linden vibes. Would be nice to see him in the playoffs and the value back is decent (love both players) but the huge issue is the elite talent drop off and who mans that side of the PP where Pettersson makes teams commit to stopping the one timer.
Maybe they find a way to add Kulich who has a canon from that side?

How is Lalji creating drama? He even says in the segment this is a nothing burger and it happens all the time in practice, and that the room is solid, etc etc lol

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Said it last year we should have made a move for Jake Christiansen. Was on waivers at the end of camp. Kid is looking good for Columbus. Low maintenance puck mover skates well decent enough size.

To be clear, he wasn't waived after this training camp but last year's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad