Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hockey Starts Now

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
the thing about the Hronek trade is it was made at a time where people weren't sure if the team was worth investing in and maybe should be blown up instead. but this management threaded the needle, they successfully retooled and made the playoffs. And while a successive playoff appearance this year isn't for certain yet, i think we're all feeling confident they'll be back.

edit: (also a reminder, at this time we hated the tocchet hire, hated we had to trade horvat, hated how bruce's exit had played out)
to be fair, we hated everything. now that the mangement team does know what they're doing. all the fans are like okay taking the oilers to the 2nd round in 7 games. what can we do to improve our roster. they did that. got rid of deadweight players like mikeheyv/lafftery. still stuck with oels buyout for the next 6years. team is still in good hands.

I wouldn't mind Ferraro, but apparently the price tag on his last season was insanely high. 1st rounder, +, +. If we're going to be paying those types of prices, I would rather go after a more recognized player who excels at both ends of the ice. Rasmus Andersson would of been great, but with 3 goals already and being a beloved teammate, I am not sure he's going anywhere any time soon.

Would love to add that #3 defenseman though.
guess as the season moves along, canucks are still looking and asking around the league. watch it be someone "way out of leftfield that NOBODY knew" instead of the usual suspects, petterson,anderson, its how this mangement team operates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad