Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hockey Starts Now

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I would have caved for Zadorov

Just grant a compliance buy out every 5yrs rather than a lock out trying to claw back contract years.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I guess every season is different, and you just never know until they start playing the games.

I actually figured that Allvin had a solid off-season, adding the guys that he did for a minimal amount of money.

But only four games in, and Sprong and Desharnais have each been scratched twice. And Heinen may as as well be, for all he's producing right now. DeBrusk is trying, but appears totally snake-bitten at the moment and really isn't doing much on Pettersson's line,

Forbort and Lankinen are probably the best 'adds', but even they have their limitations. Still lots of time to sort it out.....but so far the UFA class of 2024 is more than a little 'underwhelming'.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Funny that so many people are talking up Lindholm now when the main story with him was how much he was underperforming going into the playoffs.

Pettersson has a much better chance of living up to his contract than Lindholm and Zadorov do.

Oh, I agree. I was mostly messing around with the "what if". And more so on defense then anything else. If Petey can get going, it really isn't a conversation he's the better gamble. So I can't fault management for taking said gamble.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Even when Joshua is back, we may need to acquire a forward.

I don't know how much of an appetite Tocchet is going to have for putting Sprong into the lineup going forward.

It would have been nice if someone from the farm solidified their spot but that doesn't look like it's happening, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad