GDT: Group S • May 11 • Italy 0, Czech Republic 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well what can i say we have Mikelis "Rocket" Redlihs,as fast as a hockey player can get with a good wrist shot,His brother Krisjanis with great slapper upsets opponent goalies all the time,also Bartulis,our NHL daugavins if he wakes up theres no stopping him :handclap:,also Indrasis :D it`s gonna be an interesting match

I thought we can also have the following:
"Mikelis" maybe from germanic "mikil" meaning great (which has merged with Hebrew Mikael) -> danish "Mikkel" as Mikkel Bødker, and that is great by the moment, and Bødker (barrel-maker). So Mikelis meaning great and Redlihs honest. So it's more Mikelis (Great & Honest) Redlihs :handclap:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I thought we can also have the following:
"Mikelis" maybe from germanic "mikil" meaning great (which has merged with Hebrew Mikael) -> danish "Mikkel" as Mikkel Bødker, and that is great by the moment, and Bødker (barrel-maker). So Mikelis meaning great and Redlihs honest. So it's more Mikelis (Great & Honest) Redlihs :handclap:

Great,Honest&damn fast :handclap:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Go Krejci!

I hope they play this weekend so I can watch a game even if I have no clue what the announcers are saying lol.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Nice short handed PK goal by Caslava..... But still would be nice to score on CZECH PP... But any PP goal is nice :laugh: .....

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Go Krejci!

I hope they play this weekend so I can watch a game even if I have no clue what the announcers are saying lol.

They do... Russia on Sunday ;) ... Should bring their A-GAME like everytime they play the Russians... Probably biggest rivalry in hockey... Always good games between the two...

Check out Sportlemon.tv Alycat... click Hockey and you usually have like 3-5 stream choices ;).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Great,Honest&damn fast :handclap:

We really miss "Great Barrelmaker" (Mikkel Bødker) and the "Rock/Stone-Powers/Gods" (Peter Regin).
Other good latvian names....there was on "of the garden" I seem to remember.
What about some czech names - i really miss Vlk ("Volk" in russian (wolf) - but why no vowel in czech???). I loved czech names with their lack of vowels as a kid :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
They do... Russia on Sunday ;) ... Should bring their A-GAME like everytime they play the Russians... Probably biggest rivalry in hockey... Always good games between the two...

Check out Sportlemon.tv Alycat... click Hockey and you usually have like 3-5 stream choices ;).
That's what i use. :)

I will mark it down so I can watch:)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I see nothing great about our play so far tbh. It's the sloppy non-checking game as against DEN and NOR. It's enough to easily beat Italy, but the next game would be complete oposite, if they don't change the way they are playing.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Finally we score some goals.

It is about time... took multiple games and a period and half of this one to get something really going... I guess I know why they gave "coach" a 3-year extension before the tournament. He's having a heart attack watching the poor effort so far....:nod: ... Notice I said "watching" , not coaching :laugh: .. But to be fair to "coach" he is back there seemingly holding these players accountable and *****ing at them and getting on them for their lack of skating and mistakes...

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
I see nothing great about our play so far tbh. It's the sloppy non-checking game as against DEN and NOR. It's enough to easily beat Italy, but the next game would be complete oposite, if they don't change the way they are playing.

Agreed... :nod: .... Couldn't have said it better myself....;)

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
It is about time... took multiple games and a period and half of this one to get something really going... I guess I know why they gave "coach" a 3-year extension before the tournament. He's having a heart attack watching the poor effort so far....:nod: ... Notice I said "watching" , not coaching :laugh: .. But to be fair to "coach" he is back there seemingly holding these players accountable and *****ing at them and getting on them for their lack of skating and mistakes...

I have a feeling that he will say he is satisfied whatever the effort is :laugh:

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
About time we scored another goal....... :boredom: .... Nice shot by Erat there...I think Caslava wants his hattrick already though :hyper:

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
HAHAHA :laugh: .... Stepanek stabbed that Italian with his stick there :fence: .. PP for Czechs to finish the game... ;)

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Well a win is a win right? .... But not sure that 6-0 win was very promising play for the future.. I hope Czechs can really turn it on starting Sunday...

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
unhappy with a 6-0 win?

i would have loved a 6-0 win over Italy for Team USA today....

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It`s funny how everyone including latvia rolls over Italy with scores like 5:0,6:0,6:1 and nobody says it was a convincing game by their team.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Fun Facts = Since the inaugural World Championship meeting between these two sides – a 3-1 win for Czechoslovakia on February 20, 1933 – the Italians have lost all nine subsequent meetings by at least four goals. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad