Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Georgia

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
My family has good friends from Turkey. I know nothing about their soccer team.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Keep an eye on Calhanoglu (great guy and their best player), Kokcu (asshole, but good player) their super 19 year olds Guler and Yildiz, and Dutch born Kadioglu
Thanks.

Our friends are really good people, and one of them likes me even more because I saved him from eating a bacon donut (true story) which he had never seen before

• Haha
Reactions: cgf and luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I come from a city that used to be Turkish for 500 years (well, Othman) and I have a Turkish aunt, but the Turks I know from there would fight me over bacon donuts hahahaha

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I come from a city that used to be Turkish for 500 years (well, Othman) and I have a Turkish aunt, but the Turks I know from there would fight me over bacon donuts hahahaha
Are you Romainian?

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Going to join a group of Georgians to watch here in Edmonton. Lived in the country briefly and grew to like the place, so hoping they can maybe suppose this tournament, though I know that's not likely.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Turkey like Scotland really seemed to have lost momentum going into this tournament because I thought they looked good in qualifying. They outplayed Croatia in both matches (however lost one of the games because Croatia finished their few chances)

Don’t expect much from Georgia, I think if they score a goal it will be an accomplishment. A better team like Macedonia in the last edition went three and out but were competitive in their first two matches

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The police and other security staff in Dortmund are lucky that Georgia won those penalties, otherwise this match would be between Turkey and Greece.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Argentinian Tella as the ref in the match. Is this only one-off and he goes back to whistle at Copa later? And will there some European ref at Copa too?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Argentinian Tella as the ref in the match. Is this only one-off and he goes back to whistle at Copa later? And will there some European ref at Copa too?

Last few tournaments there has been a UEFA-CONMEBOL exchange program with refs. At the last Euro an Argentine ref did 3 matches including a knockout game

There’s an Italian referee crew at Copa

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Nice volley by Mert to put Turkey ahead. Not a bad match by either team, neither is holding back.

And then it's quickly 2-0. Edit: offside

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Turkey are usually fun to watch because they play without structure and go gung ho, especially in an atmosphere like this, but that’s why they rarely go far

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad