Euro: Group F: Portugal v Türkiye

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
Turkish women can be insanely beautiful…and even more insane :laugh:

I’m biased, but IMO the Turks are way more in this match than the Scotts were that one.
They've had shots on target so they're obviously doing better, but Portugal have been carving them up at will.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They've had shots on target so they're obviously doing better, but Portugal have been carving them up at will.

Yeah, neither defense can be too thrilled with this one. Both teams will (justifiably) feel they left 2-3 goals on the pitch today.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Portugal needs to tighten up at the back. Be more responsible playing it out of the back. But they've been impressive.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Czechia is one more name change away from being dead to me.

Definitely one of the most English posts ever made on this board :sarcasm:

Don't really get why Guler and his popped collar weren't in from the start. Seems like Turkey's best player?

Fitness

Portugal needs to tighten up at the back. Be more responsible playing it out of the back. But they've been impressive.

I’m liking my Germany - Portugal to meet in the final bet, more & more…but that defense makes me very nervous, especially since I don’t trust Martinez to clean that up.

They should’ve beaten Belgium to Tedesco instead of settling for Belgium’s castoff. Instead their defense inspires no greater confidence in me than does ours, England’s or Spain’s.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This is probably a cycle or two too soon for the Turks. But if these kids continue to develop and keep their egos in check, we could see Güler, Uzun, & Yildiz late in the knockouts of a future euro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bounces R Way

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Apparently there were more than few ref whistles in the stands which confused the players.

Yeah, that's something I'd be all for banning and asking fans to rat on each other if they see anyone blowing a whistle during the match that could interfere with play.

Reactions: Jussi

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Leao has had a rough tournament so far and Neto hasn’t been great coming on either. Curious if Martinez gives Felix a shot out left for the next match. Could slot Jota in there too.

Hopefully little Joao gets more than 2 minutes next match.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As someone living outside the USA, can someone explain Lalas to me lol .

I keep seeing clips of him and various quotes and they are hilariously bad. Whats his story?

This one made me chuckle:

Lalas has to be the most Pejorative Slured analyst I have ever had to listen to in any sport ever in my life. I wanted him fired like 3 World Cups ago, but I've had the pleasure of listening to his brilliant commentary for at least most of my life. It has been pain.

He's a random ex-USA player with Greek blood who somehow got a job back when Fox had all the football rights (15-20+ years ago). Again, he is by far the stupidest person I have ever listened to in any of the sports I have watched in my life including rugby, tennis, hockey, throwball, football, baseball, cricket, Australia football, volleyball, water polo, every summer Olympic sport, and every winter Olympic sport. Not that I follow all of these, but at one time I watched a part or a full segment of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad