Euro: Group F: Portugal v Türkiye

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Bayindir is not a stay-at-the-line keeper, he's very quick to put the ball in play with his feet. Again, YOU DO NOT PLAY THE BALL BETWEEN THE POSTS. That is the primary advice for defenders.
Again then that’s on the keeper for not knowing prettty much the Abc of keeping. It’s literally Sunday league level from him. Where was he running to? You keep saying that don’t pass the ball in between the posts, im not disagreeing which is why they’re BOTH at fault

Reactions: robertmac43

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Again then that’s on the keeper for not knowing prettty much the Abc of keeping. It’s literally Sunday league level from him. Where was he running to? You keep saying that don’t pass the ball in between the posts, im not disagreeing which is why they’re BOTH at fault
But the defender has to look up where the keeper is. He had no reason to do a no-look pass there.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The tactical view literally shows Bayindir coming towards the ball and all the defender has to do is do a little tap or let the ball go to him.

Finnish tv studio, with some former national team players, saying the same, never pass between the posts and always look where the keeper is before passing.

Leao with two yellows for diving and suspended from the next game.

Last edited:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Brutal start for Turkiye. They need to believe in themselves and believe they belong here. The own goal is just an example of losing one's nerve in a major tournament. They need at least 1 goal here. I think they are capable of that, but they can't lose their nerve.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Turkish women can be insanely beautiful…and even more insane :laugh:

I’m biased, but IMO the Turks are way more in this match than the Scotts were that one.
It's the "insane" that I'm trying to avoid before I scamper home.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Own Goal is the only chance to stop Musiala from claiming the golden boot.
Own goal did his best work today too. Outside of the box and around the keeper.... Great strike, simply can't be taught.

Reactions: cgf

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I can't deal with this new way of pronouncing Turkey.

Sounds too much like Darren Dreger describing what he had for Thanksgiving dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I can't deal with this new way of pronouncing Turkey.

Sounds too much like Darren Dreger describing what he had for Thanksgiving dinner.
I've wondered if more countries are going to opt to use their actual names and not the English versions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad