Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Albania

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Albanians should be proud. What a gutsy performance in the 2nd half.

They came really close to tying it toward the end there, Donnarumma just barely got a piece of the ball with his flank and it went wide. And the ref called it a goal kick instead of a corner - ref was pretty brutal toward the end TBQH, you could hear the Albanians in the crowd blowing up when he called a foul every time an Italian went down but not when an Albanian got hauled down in the 93rd minute or so.

Italy was the better team, but that was a good performance by Albania. I don't think they can get out of the group regardless, but only dropping one goal in GD is a good result given what happened this morning in the other game. If they can manage to draw Croatia and get lucky enough on GD by parking the bus against Spain, I suppose they could sneak out as a third place finisher if other groups become lopsided. But there's a long way to go and it's entirely out of their hands.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
North American television providers don’t have their own cameras and commentators at the field, they buy access to the feeds from English television networks.
They had Ian Darke and Landon Donovan for one of the games yesterday. Pretty sure they are Fox’s own team.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Albania was a bit of a disappointment, I was quite worried before the match. In my opinion they have the qualities to play a different type of match, if they play in the same way against Spain...

As for us, I really liked the reaction after the shocking start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad