Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Albania

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Don't know if its the media stirring shit up like they did the last Euros after the England game but the atmosphere in the Cro camp doesn't seem the best but who knows. On paper it should be a multi-goal win but Croatia tend to struggle against these teams. One thing which might help is Albania pretty much must win too so maybe they will open up a bit. Gvardiol expected to move to CB and despite all the hoopla of him not supposed to take the penalty and Dalic throwing him under the bus, Petkovic will likely start over Budimir

Crazy but this is the first ever meeting between these two, one of the few if any left UEFA nations Croatia has never played before (looked it up: Albania, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Montenegro)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Crazy but this is the first ever meeting between these two, one of the few if any left UEFA nations Croatia has never played before (looked it up: Albania, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Montenegro)
Wow that is surprising. Would have expected them to cross paths at some point.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Albania look hungry. Lot's of energy, quick on the counter, pressing when they can.

10 minutes in and I'm doubtful they can keep this pace up.

Reactions: luiginb

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah this is pretty much it for them and their golden generation. Can’t see a way back now. They legitimately look like Argentina in 2018. Slow and lost.
I counted them out in 2022 so this I have them the benefit of the doubt and had them coming in second.... Looks like the spark is gone.

Lots of game time left. Although they have showed us nothing inspiring.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I counted them out in 2022 so this I have them the benefit of the doubt and had them coming in second.... Looks like the spark is gone.

Lots of game time left. Although they have showed us nothing inspiring.
At this rate I wouldn’t be shocked to see them last in the group.

Reactions: robertmac43

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Croatia still have skill but they're static, predictable and lacking in any dynamism. If they lose this, it's obviously Game Over for them. I don't think a draw would be great, but it's not impossible to get out of the group as a 3rd placed team with 4 points, even with a negative GD. There's a chance there's two 3rd placed teams with 3 points.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Croatia have always played like this only in qualifiers you can beat 80% of the teams playing like this. Dalic can’t be stubborn and he needs to put on wingers and take off Broz and possibly even Modric. Make 3-4 changes minimum

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Croatia reminds me of Portugal.

Slow build-up, lack of urgency, lack of intensity, lack of pace...
The main difference being Portugal has the personal to be a more upbeat, fast team. Plus they showed signs of that despite not looking great yesterday.

Croatia is slow because they are old all over the pitch. Sutalo and Gvardiol are the only players under 25 that started today.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yeah who decided these senior citizens on Croatia should play at 3pm? They look more deflated than ever.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I mean honestly, if this reminds me of anyone it's actually Germany's performance in some of those inglorious affairs against Hungary or North Macedonia in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad