Gritty accidentally went to Toronto, Ohio when trying to get to the NHL bubble

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
How about Miami, Manitoba?
That's a new one to me. :laugh:

Only way that gets any weirder is if you said Nunavut rather than Manitoba.

I looked them up...

The Wikipedia page is hilarious.

Basically starts with "... It supports a K-12 school and has a curling rink and a skating rink."

Painfully Canadian lol. For a population of less than 500, not bad though.

I tried visiting their website, but it took me to a weird Asian site... Guess they don't own that domain now.

Last edited:

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
That's a new one to me. :laugh:

Only way that gets any weirder is if you said Nunavut rather than Manitoba.

I looked them up...

The Wikipedia page is hilarious.

Basically starts with "... It supports a K-12 school and has a curling rink and a skating rink."

Painfully Canadian lol. For a population of less than 500, not bad though.

I tried visiting their website, but it took me to a weird Asian site... Guess they don't own that domain now.
Also from the Wikipedia page, lol:

“Miami was used in a controversial prank contest by Winnipeg radio station Classic Rock 97.5 FM (CJKR) morning man Scruff Connors in 1995. The radio station ran a contest for an all-expenses-paid trip to Miami to watch the Super Bowl, but did not mention that they were referring to Miami, Manitoba, and not the one in Florida.[3]Local media reported that some participants had considered lawsuits over the prank.[citation needed] Because of the negative backlash of the prank, CJKR terminated Connors' contract within days of the incident.”

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Also from the Wikipedia page, lol:

“Miami was used in a controversial prank contest by Winnipeg radio station Classic Rock 97.5 FM (CJKR) morning man Scruff Connors in 1995. The radio station ran a contest for an all-expenses-paid trip to Miami to watch the Super Bowl, but did not mention that they were referring to Miami, Manitoba, and not the one in Florida.[3]Local media reported that some participants had considered lawsuits over the prank.[citation needed] Because of the negative backlash of the prank, CJKR terminated Connors' contract within days of the incident.”
I enjoyed that part too. I wish they had more on their Wiki page. It's awesome.

Hell yeah for obscure towns in Canada!

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
tenor.gif

tempofound

Oct 18, 2013
I honestly never knew until now that there were canadian teams in the NHL. Why is it called national hockey league if there are canadian teams in it?

Reactions: robertocarlos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad