Gretzky's goals against Hasek, Roy, Brodeur...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
I graduated high school in 1987 and loved Bourque despite loathing the Bruins vs. my Habs (just as I loved Stevie Y later), but I realized Mario was a TIER above Bourque when he owned him. You know the highlight play. Ugh.

I count four names in the thread title, and three names in your comment, and none of them overlap. You sure you're in the right thread?

(And why are we judging the relative greatness of two players on a single play - regardless of how notable it is?)

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
this is a very poor pathetic attempt to make it look like Wayne had these guys numbera..it clearly didnt work out for you but

I will say gretzky does have the most underrated slapshot in NHL history

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
On the all-time list of greatest slapshot scorers (specifically taking a slapper, not one timers, so no Brett Hull), who does Gretzky rank behind?

Bobby Hull, Al Macinnis, possibly Yzerman, Bossy, Lafleur, Geoffrion, Cournoyer, Larson, Lemaire, Ovechkin. Who else am I missing?

I struggle to think of a player in the post-lockout era who regularly scores in non-one timer, non-powerplay situations with a slapshot the way Gretzky does on Roy and Hasek above.

Slapshot? How about no one? I wouldn't take anyone over Gretzky in terms of slapshot I would also argue it's not really close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad