Gregory Hofmann not returning to Columbus for personal reasons, suspended by team

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I've faintly heard that name probably in passing while watching a Blue Jackets game. Doesn't seem like they are losing much here.

29 year old with 7 points

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
"Gregory was given permission by the club to step away for personal reasons and informed us today that because of those reasons he has decided not to return," said Kekalainen. "Obviously, we are disappointed, but we have no other recourse than to suspend him."

Weird.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The personal reason that he left the team for was his wife had a baby. In Switzerland.

Hofmann's adjustment to the NHL full of ups, downs

This article makes it sound like she wasn’t too happy in the US because she doesn’t speak English.

"My wife is back in Switzerland right now," Hofmann said. "She was here with me the first two months and now she's back in Switzerland. The adaptation for her was a little more difficult than me because I have hockey almost every day and she doesn't speak English well. It was a big change for her so she went back to the family. I have to respect that decision, but the first two months were great."

While Hofmann misses his wife, he is glad she is comfortable and ready to deliver their baby. The goal for him is to be in Switzerland when his wife is delivering their baby and to have his family move to the U.S. in early March, as long as everything lines up.

And when it was suggested it's probably best for a pregnant woman to be as comfortable as possible, Hofmann responded, "Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I've never been pregnant. But she's happy. You know what they say: happy wife, happy life."

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
The personal reason that he left the team for was his wife had a baby. In Switzerland.

Hofmann's adjustment to the NHL full of ups, downs

This article makes it sound like she wasn’t too happy in the US because she doesn’t speak English.

"My wife is back in Switzerland right now," Hofmann said. "She was here with me the first two months and now she's back in Switzerland. The adaptation for her was a little more difficult than me because I have hockey almost every day and she doesn't speak English well. It was a big change for her so she went back to the family. I have to respect that decision, but the first two months were great."

While Hofmann misses his wife, he is glad she is comfortable and ready to deliver their baby. The goal for him is to be in Switzerland when his wife is delivering their baby and to have his family move to the U.S. in early March, as long as everything lines up.

And when it was suggested it's probably best for a pregnant woman to be as comfortable as possible, Hofmann responded, "Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I've never been pregnant. But she's happy. You know what they say: happy wife, happy life."
Good for him, if that's why he left

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad