Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
And this is why I insist that a player putting up a PPG in his 4th year of juniors needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Kirk Maltby did the same.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Making us proud:
1716423780290.png

Crunchy

Jan 27, 2020
Also, Wallinder had a real nice game, defended/skated well and got on the scoresheet:

Nice Assist:

Reactions: NickH8

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Wallinder was great. You could tell Danielson is getting used to the system and new level. Johannes was a surprise for me. Loved watching him throw his body around. Not sure if he has an NHL projection but he could be a new Shine. Physical guy signed out of college who takes a leadership role in GR.

Reactions: heyfolks and lilidk

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Griffins came out really flat. I thought Mazur and Wallinder were solid. Kasper didn't do much. Danielson got more ice time than I expected (PP and 4 on 4) and looks fine, but needs to bulk up. He wasn't great, but he wasn't any worse than most of the forwards.

Cossa was excellent.

Reactions: Slim

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Griffins came out really flat. I thought Mazur and Wallinder were solid. Kasper didn't do much. Danielson got more ice time than I expected (PP and 4 on 4) and looks fine, but needs to bulk up. He wasn't great, but he wasn't any worse than most of the forwards.

Cossa was excellent.

Is Kasper matching up against Svechkov?

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Evenly matched teams when everyone is healthy, but missing Edvinsson and either Luff or Hirose are big losses for GR. Depth is also lacking if Newpower has to play and if Spezia and Hanas can't. They'll probably need some Cossa heroics to get it to Game 5.

Reactions: heyfolks and Slim

Slim

Nov 2, 2014
Up north

Cossa was excellent.

I agree. I thought they seemed not only flat but also extremely disorganized and almost lost. I do not watch many Griffins games, but the broadcast was something else, dont know if one should cry or laugh at it. Although I have to admit that I would like to attend a game just to live the spectacle, probably would have to be dead drunk to do it and most likely ending up being one of the guys guzzling stuff outta my shoe...

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I agree. I thought they seemed not only flat but also extremely disorganized and almost lost. I do not watch many Griffins games, but the broadcast was something else, dont know if one should cry or laugh at it. Although I have to admit that I would like to attend a game just to live the spectacle, probably would have to be dead drunk to do it and most likely ending up being one of the guys guzzling stuff outta my shoe...

They are really good team and I think top three in the league after the new year. It's the AHL, it's sloppy and inconsistent

The Ed injury is brutal for this team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad