Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Wasn't the AHL deadline not to long ago? Maybe they're making sure their roster can have some depth...

For a playoff run.
Injuries. Johansson, Soderblom, McIsaac, Pearson (just came back this week), Brattstrom, Hanas, Kampfer traded away to Tucson, and Chiasson signed with Wings creating large holes in Griffins roster lately.

Griffins scored 6 last night. Not a single goal to be excited about, yikes. Not much left down there.
Was getting a good nap in last night at the game until the goal horn was going on and off in the 3rd.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
So does everyone think GR is going to have a new head coach next season?
Yes. Everyone here is hoping that is the case. I do not think that Yzerman will not let the Griffins go much longer on this playoff drought that we are going through with this coaching staff. I think even Simon knows his days here in GR are numbered.
Dan Watson to the rescue
Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 19-30-24 Toledo Walleye at eliteprospects.com.png

I think he has completed ECHL, dues has been paid.
Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 19-31-17 Dan Watson at eliteprospects.com.png

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So does everyone think GR is going to have a new head coach next season?

Those Toledo coaches should be options for promotion.

At least Dan Watson is familiar for Lalonde, so they would have perfect NHL-AHL connection.

This is old news from 2019, so Watson's 3-year deal is ending. He could sign anyways for AHL duty...

For 2015-16 and 2016-17 Toledo coaching staff was:

Current 2022-23 Toledo Coaching staff:

Like usually coaches work as Dynamic Duos, those Watson and Bollinger have been there for over a decade.

Think they would earn a promotion.

I would keep only Todd Krygier from old Griffins staff (has very long reputation from Western Michigan), and fire Simon + Knuble + MacDonald. That new goalie coach was just signed at last summer, so I'd keep him.

Reactions: SantosHalper

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Dude, that was a joke about very important part of man body
You don't know about the dickipedia? Some dude managed to catalog every dick pic sent on various apps/cloud storages that have had security breaches (which is pretty much all of them).

Reactions: lilidk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
At least Bob Kaser is giving some information.

Here are the @griffinshockey lines and pairings for today’s 1 PM rematch with the @IAWild at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines.

Still without Hanas, Soderblom, McIsaac, Brattstrom, Johansson (injuries). Czarnik, Luff, Chiasson, Edvinsson, Nedeljkovic (recall).

Attachments

• 1679830783547.png
    1679830783547.png
    2 MB · Views: 3

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
He is so small...
That's what she said

Here are the @griffinshockey lines and pairings for today’s 1 PM rematch with the @IAWild at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines.

Still without Hanas, Soderblom, McIsaac, Brattstrom, Johansson (injuries). Czarnik, Luff, Chiasson, Edvinsson, Nedeljkovic (recall).
I'm not sure about the others but I think Hanas is out for the season

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Expectations for the griffins next season?
Probably the same as this year? Maybe not be in the bottom 10 in goals given up? Adding Cossa and maybe Kasper isn't going to do anything. The team lacks any serious talent.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
If Kasper, Mazur, and Wallinder are playing for GR this week and next week, we need to have game day threads for them too.

Reactions: RRhoads

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

DETROIT RECALLS TARO HIROSE FROM GRIFFINS​

March 28, 2023
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday recalled right wing Taro Hirose from the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Hirose has a team-high 54 points (15-39—54) in 64 games with the Griffins this season and his 20 power-play assists are tied for seventh in the AHL. The former Michigan State Spartan has continued to climb the Griffins’ all-time assist leaderboard, and with 122 assists he now is tied for sixth in franchise history with Nathan Paetsch. Throughout 187 games with Grand Rapids, the Calgary, Alberta, native has 162 points (40-122—162) and 40 penalty minutes. Hirose will look to make his NHL season debut with the Red Wings after totaling one goal and three helpers in 15 outings a year ago with Detroit. The 26-year-old has competed in 57 NHL games throughout parts of four campaigns and has notched 20 points (4-16—20) and 12 penalty minutes. Hirose has spent his entire four-year career within the Red Wings’ organization after signing with Detroit as an undrafted free agent out of college in 2019.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Remaining games:

Wed, March 29th, GR vs. Wolves
Fri, March 31st, GR vs. Milwaukee
Sun, April 2nd, GR @ Rockford
Thu, April 6th, GR @ Manitoba
Fri, April 7th, GR @ Manitoba
Mon, April 10th, GR @ Cleveland
Fri, April 14th, GR vs. Rockford
Sat, April 15th, GR @ Wolves

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Hanas (shoulder) is done for the season (been announced over a month ago). Brattstrom (groin) also done for the season. McIsaac, Solderblom, and Johansson have various nagging injuries. McIsaac might be out longer than the other two. Not sure exactly what their injuries are. Czarnik, Luff, Edvinsson, Nedeljkovic, and Hirose (this morning) on recall possibly replacing Chiasson for tonight.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
have there been any rumblings about Kasper? I know there was chatter about him maybe playing in the World's, but hadn't seen anything about him coming over here.

There were some other announcements elsewhere too but can’t find them at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad