Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins, 2024 - 2025 Season

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Cossa was excellent, as usual. Lombardi played center , they don't have much options at center position in GR, was very good defensively and have some moments, scored 2 goals, he could be much more effective as a wing. Soderblom was probably the most noticeable player, hope he continues to improve. Hanas looks faster this year, still long way. Danielson, smart , needs to get stronger. For his development better bring him over and play with Veleno. Defense was good , other team didn't create much

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Hanas looks faster this year, still long way.
Yeah, might be too little too late. Finnie is up next season and i would imagine that Savage and James gets signed this season. Then MBN crosses the pond too and fully healthy Becher, this season most likely goes by getting back in shape. And it will be interesting to see what they do with Kiiskinen, another year in Finland, possibly in a bigger club where he would have chance to win championship or GR. When you add veterans to the mix, it's another deep roster. Might be a good idea to spent another year in Finland, than in GR's logjam. Either way all this is bad news for Hanas, bus stop at Bustville is most likely he's next location.
We’ve played 11 periods of hockey and had 8 shutout periods.
Watson is the future coach, all signs points towards him. The team being built by Yzerman is made for Watson. Calder cup win would certainly help his cause. The future is bright.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Yeah, might be too little too late. Finnie is up next season and i would imagine that Savage and James gets signed this season. Then MBN crosses the pond too and fully healthy Becher, this season most likely goes by getting back in shape. And it will be interesting to see what they do with Kiiskinen, another year in Finland, possibly in a bigger club where he would have chance to win championship or GR. When you add veterans to the mix, it's another deep roster. Might be a good idea to spent another year in Finland, than in GR's logjam. Either way all this is bad news for Hanas, bus stop at Bustville is most likely he's next location.

Watson is the future coach, all signs points towards him. The team being built by Yzerman is made for Watson. Calder cup win would certainly help his cause. The future is bright.
Oh Hanas is done for . Might as well throw him in a package since he'll never play a game here. Like you said way too many guys ahead of him

You think James is getting signed?? Havent heard anything about him when theres talk of wings prospects. Good 4th liner?

We're pretty high with contracts signed I think so we'll have to move guys to sign savage etc... should package a few and go after lukas fischer who we should have drafted rather than giving walman away

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
You think James is getting signed?? Havent heard anything about him when theres talk of wings prospects. Good 4th liner?
2nd round pick and this is his 3rd year in college, i think he will be signed. And yeah bottom-6 seems to be his projection. @Hockeyville USA seems to follow him closely, he might want to write a small scouting report?
We're pretty high with contracts signed I think so we'll have to move guys to sign savage etc...
48/50 according to puckpedia, conveniently 2 spots open. 21 contracts end after this season, naturally some will return and new players will be signed. But if we look at the goalie log jam, 4 goalies will most likely turn in to 2 and Wings start the next season in similar 48/50 situation. So no need to move anyone.

Reactions: OldnotDeadWings

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
The Griffins goaltending and D have been really solid. It's helped deal with the lack of offense after losing Berggren, Czarnik, and Edvinsson. Cossa and Husso both so far have stood on their head and the Griffins aren't allowing many high danger chances. They could really use another high skill guy, especially when Kasper is up. There's definitely a MBN size hole in the forward group. Hopefully Lombardi can continue to step up and Danielson gets off the ground running.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
The Griffins goaltending and D have been really solid. It's helped deal with the lack of offense after losing Berggren, Czarnik, and Edvinsson. Cossa and Husso both so far have stood on their head and the Griffins aren't allowing many high danger chances. They could really use another high skill guy, especially when Kasper is up. There's definitely a MBN size hole in the forward group. Hopefully Lombardi can continue to step up and Danielson gets off the ground running.

Good post. I was going to say...with Kasper up, and Mazur out - definitely need some more offense. Hoping Danielson gets comfortable soon. He's clearly still feeling things out right now.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Yknow we talked a lot of shit about Dvorsky but he’s PPG right now in the AHL…hopefully Danielson can turn it around

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
2nd round pick and this is his 3rd year in college, i think he will be signed. And yeah bottom-6 seems to be his projection. @Hockeyville USA seems to follow him closely, he might want to write a small scouting report?

48/50 according to puckpedia, conveniently 2 spots open. 21 contracts end after this season, naturally some will return and new players will be signed. But if we look at the goalie log jam, 4 goalies will most likely turn in to 2 and Wings start the next season in similar 48/50 situation. So no need to move anyone.
Well Hanas was a 2nd rd pick so wouldnt matter if james was a 2nd pick I'm not gonna pretend to know about james but guessing from the scoresheet the only thing hed be able to bring is penalty and hits on a 4th line

your right some guys will leave and replaced. Some likely ahl guys but if we want to sign potentially our 25 1st + savage,james,augustine etc... maybe its time to move on from Hanas and as much as I liked him at some point soderblom,doucet etc.. guys who likely will never get a shot here due to all the other kids we have coming ahead of them

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Yknow we talked a lot of shit about Dvorsky but he’s PPG right now in the AHL…hopefully Danielson can turn it around

Yeah I've been a huge skeptic of Dvorsky ever since he couldn't cut it in the SHL, but he's producing so far. Long ways to go, obviously.

Watching Danielson in person Friday, the tools are all there, but he seems to be making 100% sure he doesn't mess up on the defensive side of the ice and that's taking priority. I think it's a matter of time. It also doesn't help when the Griffins overall just... are not a very high octane team. They've scored 7 goals in 4 games, and 1 was an empty netter. Not a ton of opportunities for points..

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Yeah I've been a huge skeptic of Dvorsky ever since he couldn't cut it in the SHL, but he's producing so far. Long ways to go, obviously.

Watching Danielson in person Friday, the tools are all there, but he seems to be making 100% sure he doesn't mess up on the defensive side of the ice and that's taking priority. I think it's a matter of time. It also doesn't help when the Griffins overall just... are not a very high octane team. They've scored 7 goals in 4 games, and 1 was an empty netter. Not a ton of opportunities for points..
Agree that the points will likely come but I don’t think we should make excuses. Dvorsky is leading Springfield in points; it’s not like he’s just benefiting from a high octane offense, he is a key driver of that high octane offense.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Snively and Dries are more than adequate replacements for Czarnik and Hirose. When healthy the team has enough skill up front even without Kasper, but the focus is on being good defensively, shutting other teams down. That's what Danielson is best at and for him the thing he will pay most attention to, and the thing the team wants him to pay most attention to, while he adjusts to playing vs. men. Offense will come with comfort level and confidence. Not sure what his line combinations have been, but playing with Watson, who brings a lot of defensive accountability, and Soderblom who has some skill but needs to learn more about playing without the puck, is a pretty good situation for Nate and the team.

What Dvorsky does on a different team with different style of play is irrelevant.

Crunchy

Jan 27, 2020

Soderblom has moments when you can really see it. Watched a good chunk of the game and he's been playing better defensively, he's a hoss to play against when he's locked in.

Danielson will need to learn how to keep the puck on his stick more and deal with the physicality.

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad