Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins, 2024 - 2025 Season

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
No rush for goalies to get NHL games in. Cossa is still very young with only 2 pro seasons, neither of which were a starters workload.

Also he isn't the #1 NHL goalie until proven.
Cossa is older than Roy or Vasilevsky when they started playing in NHL and I only wish he play one or two games

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Cossa is older than Roy or Vasilevsky when they started playing in NHL and I only wish he play one or two games

Picking 2 of the better goalies there has been doesn't prove your point.

Virtually all goalies aren't ready at 21-22 years old.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Great win. Kasper, Mazur, Wallinder, Cossa leading the charge. This is exactly what we want to see and the org wants to see as well. Leaders, players who carry the responsibility of their teams success.

I was reading a report from this game and the writer praised GR's defensive structure, Milwaukee apparently had no chances what so ever. This was just 1 game but GR did play well last season too, despite the fact that veterans were out of the picture most of the time. And Toledo succeed well under Watson too, despite the fact that rosters change in ECHL very wildly every season.

If this trend continues, then Watson must be the real deal. Another year or two in GR and perhaps one or two Calder cups later, a promotion to Detroit. Watson's defensive structure and Yzerplan's 200-foot-game machines, giant defense, that's gonna be fun to watch.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Great win. Kasper, Mazur, Wallinder, Cossa leading the charge. This is exactly what we want to see and the org wants to see as well. Leaders, players who carry the responsibility of their teams success.

I was reading a report from this game and the writer praised GR's defensive structure, Milwaukee apparently had no chances what so ever. This was just 1 game but GR did play well last season too, despite the fact that veterans were out of the picture most of the time. And Toledo succeed well under Watson too, despite the fact that rosters change in ECHL very wildly every season.

If this trend continues, then Watson must be the real deal. Another year or two in GR and perhaps one or two Calder cups later, a promotion to Detroit. Watson's defensive structure and Yzerplan's 200-foot-game machines, giant defense, that's gonna be fun to watch.
We'll see with Watson. They did get better as the season went on last year. And correct on the defense last night. Can't say I remember more than 1 or 2 grade A's the entire night despite them having 30+ shots. Lot of low percentage shots. I also didn't look too hard at their roster to see if they are depleted compared to last season. It's game one. Liked what I saw. See if they keep it up into games 10, 20, 60 etc.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
If you want to complain, it's better to ask what Hanas is doing in the 3rd line?
IMG_3323.jpeg

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
On a WHL trip but wanted to take time tonight to see how Kasper responded to being sent down, and never did head over to the rink. I’m streaming 3 games so if I’ve missed something, apologies. I’ve caught most the GR game though.

Kasper is just playing at a different level. He’s the best player on the ice, hands down. This continues, they won’t have much choice but to recall him.

Wallinder likewise, has been the best dman on either team. He’s starting to really develop well. Had a great camp too. No doubt he should be ready by next fall. Maybe sooner. He’s much stronger than he was last year but remember, he had a good playoff last season, and last month of the season. So he’s been playing well for a stretch now, but he’s visibly stronger since the end of last year.

They gotta be real happy with where he’s at. Having him with Seider and Edvinsson, will make their D-core really hard to play against. They just take up so much ice and they can all move well, transporting the puck. I’ve always thought he might be the one they end up trading but the more he keeps playing like this, I’m not sure they’d be smart trading him. We’ll see though.

Austin Watson has also had a really good game.

Danielson is playing very well. He’s going to suddenly blow up in about 20 games. Watch. He’s just finding his way, playing against men, which everyone has to. Wasn’t gonna matter whether he did this in DET or GR. The production will just start coming, as he has some really good shifts, then not so much for 2-3 shifts. He’s not making the growth mistakes though. He’s still making the right play 90% of the time. That usually equals a very short stint in the AHL. They’ll probably wait until the points start coming, bring him up, and let him continue to develop in the NHL after that.

Like to see a little more from Lombardi. Cossa hasn’t really been tested at all. A couple times early but that’s it. Mazur has had a real solid effort as well, but yea, Kasper is on a different level than anyone else in this game. Several chances

He keeps this up, they’ll have no choice. It’s clearly visible, and after that game he played with Kane and Tarasenko, he’s on his way to being a Top 6 NHL C, and like soon.

Love the Wallinder stuff.

Did Buium not play last night? Was that a surprise or expected?

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
As for Lombardi, it’s a bit strange they have him as 4C. This kid ain’t gonna be a C in the NHL, so why not play him up the lineup on the wing with more opportunities?

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
As for Lombardi, it’s a bit strange they have him as 4C. This kid ain’t gonna be a C in the NHL, so why not play him up the lineup on the wing with more opportunities?
If he can make it in the first place but i think idea is that Lombardi could be a "backup center", injuries happen. Center goes down, then there would be a winger who could play in the middle. Better than having Czarnik of the 2030's playing in the middle or 4th line center manning a position above his pay grade.

Lombardi gets up in the lineup when Kasper gets called up but even now he should get PP time.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
No rush? Our goaltending is f***ing putrid.
Talbot has had one season in the last 5 with a save percentage below .911. Hes had a career .913 save percentage and a .913 save percentage last year. I don't think he's Hasek or anything but he should get a chance before we start talking about how horrible the goaltending is. Talbot and Lyon has potential. No idea how Husso got the first start of the year with how he's played for basically 2 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad