GDT: Grand Ole Motley. Oilers v Predators - 6PM SNW

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Something bad happened so that means we have to stop skating and repeatedly turn the puck over with still foot passes.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I like Stecher but hes never gonna be able to defend against Forsberg (and players of his ilk) at the net front.

Thats why he belongs on the 3rd pair.
Wasn’t even deflected that much. That was a very quick move by Forsberg to just barely touch the puck going by him. Bigger offense was we had a chance to take possession and our high priced D just let someone behind him make 2 stick plays on him to turn him into a pylon

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Weird to see the McDavid line having to defend this year. Absolute beast elite o-zone time driver last year and a black hole this season with more defending in own zone and so many blown coverages in so doing. Team malaise is with this team's elites.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
McDavid needs a Sports Psych. Too much weighing on his brains these days.

Honestly I felt like this was his issue in the playoffs as well. Instead of imposing his dominance he's just waiting for other guys to step up.

Mcdavid and Draisaitl being as good as the other teams best players is expected every night. Getting outplayed by stamkos/forsberg just isn't good enough when you are getting paid significantly more.

Reactions: TheNumber4

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
It’s like they said we gave it a good first 10 minutes, we’re done for the night.

How can one of the best players ever look so bad?
McDavid has looked like crap since day 1 of camp and hasn’t shown any signs of improvement. Starting to get scared that it might be another injury.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Honestly I felt like this was his issue in the playoffs as well. Instead of imposing his dominance he's just waiting for other guys to step up.

Mcdavid and Draisaitl being as good as the other teams best players is expected every night. Getting outplayed by stamkos/forsberg just isn't good enough when you are getting paid significantly more.

Both McD and Drai need to be a step above the other elites in this League if this team build is gonna work. They just have to be.

They used to have that ability, they need to find that form again.

Reactions: McDoused

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
It really seems like they think they can save themselves for the playoffs or some stupid shit
Lots of huge personal events and changes this short off-season. Timing is off to start the season. They'll get it together but they have been so sloppy with the details of the game. Key in my mind is to get Bouchard going and I think the team will start to go.

Reactions: Duke74

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Issue as well is that they can't sit a forward in the pressbox even if they wanted to... and benching someone during a game just means more work for the aging/slower players... so really that hurts the team more than anything.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
For an "elite" team, they sure do struggle with doing elite things so far this season.

Each game is a gargantuan hurdle simply to get up for

Reactions: TKB21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad